LegacyGT.com

Yet another misfire thread

Could be bad cats, but doubtful. More likely that you have a faulty oxygen sensor; when they're bad they tend to fail right off the bat. Replace the MAF as well, if you haven't already.

Have you considered getting a wideband oxygen sensor? Cheap insurance for your investment...

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

That said finding a good used is very difficult and expensive. I'd fix it right except the 200k worries me a bit. The 6mt is claimed to be bullet proof but that's a pile o miles!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've got 200k (miles) on my 6MT. It still shifts like buttah, and giggles when I launch it.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 1 month later...

Just realized I never updated any of you with the car. It's now been about 3 months since I bought it and I can say I don't regret it at all.

The CEL ended up being a physical break in the wire somewhere in the loom. I feel if anyone finds themselves in the same boat as me, I'd say go ahead and do the work yourself; it'll be a worthwhile learning experience and no one cares for your engine as much as you. The guy that ended up finishing my work managed to somehow break everything (he put a hole in my cylinder heads.... and much more)

All in all though, I'm glad I got a legacy. Being around STIs and the like, this car feels 1000x better inside and to me looks 1000x better outside, and pulls just as hard!

Archived