LegacyGT.com

Oil supply line - Repair (OEM) or Replace (IAG)

It looks like my oil supply line from the head is toast. :redface:

I haven't even started to look at the FSM to see what I get to remove to replace it.

I'm wondering if I should go with the OEM hard line, or an aftermarket option like the IAG lines?

Also, any advice for this?

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I'm still using the stock oil feed.

You do have the service manual don't you ?

You can also see them on the vendors parts thread in the sticky's.

http://parts.subaru.com/Subaru_2008_Legacy25L-TURBO-6MT-4WDGT-Limited-Sedan/Engine-and-Cooling.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If I go with the IAG, then I think the intake has to come off. From what I can tell, I have the B style oil line, which is the single oil line from the front of the head going back to the turbo connection fitting (the 07 and newer style). I wish it was the style with the oil line coming out of the back of the head. I'd have the IAG part on order already!

Yes, Max I do have the FSM. At the time I was too annoyed/pissed off/depressed about the situation to dig into it.

I contacted JMP and he was thinking out of the box and has suggested making a third line to go in between the supply line and the turbo line using compression unions, so that might be the way to go.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

That's what JMP called them, and it looks like that's the term for the ones that are basically end to end patch connections. I figured I'd already reached my max on daily stupidity, so I just said what he said! ;)

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

There are any number of places to buy fittings and hose and make up your own lines. Its easier then you would think. I made all the fuel, oil and coolant lines to the turbo on the race car.

Summit Racing, Jegs, etc. google search

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks guys!

I was just looking locally (Fastenal/Grainger) and not much was coming up in that size. Google is being as inversely specific as I am being specific!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

The IP&T is the Infamous kit right? If it is, it's discontinued so it might not be worth comparing.

SC

Accidentally disclosed how long I horde parts :spin:

Guess I'll read up more to see how it is.

Archived