LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy 3.0R Hard Shift from 2-3

Apexwagon

Hi all,

Have an 08 3.0R 5EAT (91k miles, maintenance up to date) with a hard shift from 2-3. It kind of hesitates in second (at any rpm, whether driving light or hard and in I, S or S# modes) then jerks into third gear. I have read a couple other threads relating to this issue with the 5EAT, and some had stated they were going to take it in to the stealership to get an ECU and TCM reflashed, however nobody reported back with a fix on the problem or any other info other than they were "going to the dealership this week."

I have also read about this TSB 16-72-07 and that you should bring a copy of this to the service drive as to not get hassled with hours of diag.

Any concrete evidence of what works/doesn't work is greatly appreciated. Thank you!:spin:

Hey there. I just recently bought an '08 LGT with the 5 speed auto. When I drove it during the test drive, I immediately noticed the car shifted super smooth from 1-2, 3-4 and 4-5. But 2-3 was a little hestitant and it seemed to jerk into gear. Exactly what it sounds like you describing. I took it to the local Subaru dealer, they said they needed to flash and re-learn the transmission. It was a common problem it sounded like. They did it, runs super smooth now. That should fix your problem :-)

Hey there. I just recently bought an '08 LGT with the 5 speed auto. When I drove it during the test drive, I immediately noticed the car shifted super smooth from 1-2, 3-4 and 4-5. But 2-3 was a little hestitant and it seemed to jerk into gear. Exactly what it sounds like you describing. I took it to the local Subaru dealer, they said they needed to flash and re-learn the transmission. It was a common problem it sounded like. They did it, runs super smooth now. That should fix your problem :-)

Thank you! I'll spend the time and take care of that. I appreciate your follow up and experience!

Archived