LegacyGT.com

Any recommendations for machine shop in Los Angeles area, South Bay?

Do any of you guys in the LA area have recommendations for a good machine shop in the South Bay area of Los Angeles?

I will be adding some pics later but a short summary.. 140k miles, all stock. Had rough idle that eventually gave a cyl 2 misfire code every couple months and eventually turned into constant misfire and CEL. Compression was low, leak down test showed leak at exhaust valve of cyl 2 as well as some on cyl 4.

Cyl 1 showed no leaks, 30 psi better compression.

So decided to take the head off. Leak test with water in the ports showed leak in one of cyl 2 exhaust valves immediately and leak after a minute on the other. Water in the exhaust port of cyl 4 showed a leak after a few seconds on both valves.

All intake valves showed no leaks. I took the valves off and found a few interesting things. All 4 exhaust valves had a bit of carbon on the seat keeping them from sealing properly. The making surfaces on 3 of the exhaust valves seemed ok. I tried lapping them a bit and confirmed that 3 seat pretty well. Unfortunately 1 of the 2 valves on cyl 2 had a seat sealing surface that was not symetrical. That valve had quite a bit of play in the valve guide.

So, I need to have the guide replaced for that valve and the seat ground. The other exhaust valve guides may need replacing as well. Time for a valve job.

So if any of you guys on here have a recommendation for a local machine shop I would appreciate it.

PM m sprank or his web site, www.infamousperformance.net he's in your area.

He has a real shop and may be able to help you. Remember to support him when it comes time to buy parts for your car. After all your asking him for help and he needs to make a living so he can feed his family.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived