LegacyGT.com

Suspension Change in '06?

DANNER

I just picked up my '06 Legacy 2.5i. Previous to purchasing this, I'd only test driven '05 Legacy's and notice a lot of body roll. I figured I'd just buy the car and install thicker sway bars. However, to my suprise, my '06 doesn't feel like it has the same body roll I felt in the '05 models I test drove.

Is it just me or did Subaru make changes to the suspension in '06 models?

its prolly due to the larger rims=shorter sidewall=stiffer sidewall=less flex=better handling. I checked out the 06 Leggies...the tires are def. not better. They are Yokohoma Advans..but they are simply rebadged Geolander 009s off the Foresters. Seriously!

I knew that they had bigger wheels. I didn't realize that it would reduce the body roll so much though. Very cool.

I was kinda suprised that they'd changed to Yokohama's. I was kind of expecting the Bridgestone RE92's. My wife has the Bridgestone 's on her Lexus IS300 and I think they're pretty decent.

I'm still considering putting in a thicker rear sway bar. I just wonder whether I'll notice the difference.

I put the 20mm Subaru JDM RSB on my wagon and what an amazing difference it made. You can read the reviews and walk through in the 20mm JDM sway bar link.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived