LegacyGT.com

left rear wheel speed sensor R&R

• 3 years later...

Replaced the right rear ABS sensor on the wagon today.

Took little over an hour to get the old one out. Had to let the Areo-Kroil have time to handle the rust. When out just after 10AM to get the job started. After I got it out, I had to called the Dealership back, about our 2018 Outback, then I talked to my buddy in the Parts dept. to see if he had a ABS sensor, he didn't but could get one tomorrow.

After booting the PC, searching for the correct OEM part # and then looking at NAPA's site, at 11:28am NAPA confirmed my order ($56.00 after my AAA Discount), at 11:31am Napa said the order was ready for pick up. I had the new sensor in, started the car, backed it up and down the driveway all the tools put away, took a shower and made lunch, that was done by 12:25pm.

Will take the wagon down to pick up the Outback later today and put some miles on it to see if the ABS light comes back on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Max Capacity changed the title to left rear wheel speed sensor R&R

So here's the updated photos, I hope, done Aug 3 2022.

Click that shaded "up to the right arrow" to open pictures. Still trying to understand the recent update to the Web page...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here