LegacyGT.com

Spec b trailing arms install

So I got a really good deal on a set of aluminum spec b rear trailing arms. I take the driver side completely off and when I go to put the hub onto the aluminum arms the bolts aren't long enough, the spec b arms are thicker in that location so does that mean that I need new hubs from a spec b or just longer bolts?

• 5 months later...

Can you run a tap through the threads ?

then get a new bolt. is that bolt 26 ?

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If the trailing arms are thicker at the hub area,does that mean the hub sits further out on the spec B? The axle spline area limits how far in the hub sits...

Zack K.

• 4 years later...
If the trailing arms are thicker at the hub area,does that mean the hub sits further out on the spec B? The axle spline area limits how far in the hub sits...

Zack K.

Heck of a thread revival but did you ever get this question answered? If you're swapping these trailing arms over do you need longer or shorter axels to account for the different trailing arm thickness? I have a 5EAT I was looking to swap the rear arms on. Didn't want an expensive surprise by realizing my stock axels won't work.

Edited by ktm200

perhaps the gain will not justify going through all that trouble...

I’m aware that I likely won’t notice a difference. Not really why I’m doing it. Pulling apart the rear of a car that has seen 200k of New England winters is likely going to be trouble as well. Just the fact that it’s be easier in labor to swap in low mileage trailing and control arms opposed to pressing out and replacing all the old, likely seized, bushings is worth it to me. Price was not too much more than just buying all new bushings, and I don’t have a press so might have needed to add in some shop labor hours.

I just ordered a complete set of hardware for my trailing arm swap. I can get you all the part number and quantities when I get home.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder