LegacyGT.com

What else do you recommend when changing clutch & DP

You really shouldn't need the tsk3 unless you know you have issues. Make sure you put a light coat of high temp grease on the tranny snout where the TOB slides.

Second that. Don't spend the money unless you find that the snout has been compromised.

You can get a TOB bearing for it without buying the whole kit. PM "Underdog" he can get you the right part.

If you TOB is working fine, you should not need the kit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Check the conditions of the transmission seals and also the rear main seal. You may want to do them or at least the rear seal since you will be right there vs having it leak and screwing up your clutch and getting to pull everything out for a 15 dollar part. Also be prepared for random rusted exhaust bolts to snap.

You can get a TOB bearing for it without buying the whole kit. PM "Underdog" he can get you the right part.

If you TOB is working fine, you should not need the kit.

KK. A TOB came with my clutch kit. I dont think im going to buy a tsk. thanks!!

Check the conditions of the transmission seals and also the rear main seal. You may want to do them or at least the rear seal since you will be right there vs having it leak and screwing up your clutch and getting to pull everything out for a 15 dollar part. Also be prepared for random rusted exhaust bolts to snap.

I will be investing in some bolts. thanks!!!!

BTW guys, my Exedy FJK1001FW clutch kit came in. Everything seems good. The whole package weighs 80lb. The FW weight which I thought was 12lb turns out to be 20lb, which I am assuming is good! thoughts?

Archived