LegacyGT.com

AVO air intake - anybody got one on?

BOXRPWR

Looks like my new FMIC install is going to force me to give up my K&N intake. The FMIC piping runs right down through where the stock airbox belongs. That's where the K&N sits with a real nice heatshield & isolation wall. I realize that the pic of the AVO intake shows it bends down into basically the same place. But since its made in more pieces with hose connectors I think it can be more easily relocated to clear the FMIC piping.

Wondering if anyone's bought & installed the AVO air intake yet? I realize its damn pricey. Curious what it sounds like.

I don't want to go with the Perrin because it just looks too damn cheap to me. Besides, I already had problems in the past with the MAF sensor mounting bracket not fitting properly. The MAF sensor mount on the AVO intake right behind the cone filter looks much better made.

Already got a buyer lined up for the K&N....so don't ask!

2094979931_AVOintakepic1.jpg.2027785128aa4b0573f04cd0b2787af3.jpg

...how much for the K&n?? hehe

see disclaimer above. or you will need to wrestle Jose for it.

the way I see it....I'm kinda like a test bed for new Legacy parts.

besides, the resale value of the K&N will cover 2/3rds the price for the AVO.

hahaha, Kevin and I haven't discussed a final price yet, so there might still be a chance for you dude. I can get these for a nice price new.

Yeah, I noticed this issue the other day while working on K's car.

Yeah, we are now from Men In Black... K calls me J...

maybe you can also convince him not to go and spend more money and install that FMIC at my place... where K can stare at the Angels loosing the series in HD mode. ;)

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Naaah... just had to heat it up that's all. How can I live in SoCal and be THAT mean... although that move by the umpire and the catcher sucked.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Mine as just as solid. I really wish I had the mula for the rears.. they were offered to me. 330x30 but its not high in my priority list.

ANYWAYS, ABOUT THAT AVO FILTER ;)

(sorry for the off-topic K)

Well, I suspect that nobody's bought this very pricey AVO intake yet. I'll probably be the ginea pig like always.

My selling price for the K&N will be $200 bucks if you pick it up (or I hand it to you). I know that "J" can get a price not far north of that. Well, mines about 99% brand new so its worth it. Most distributors are selling it for around $250 bucks.

Main problem with doing the FMIC install is that it won't arrive until Mon-Tues next week. I just found out that I can finally move-in to my new apt. next Wed. My install appt. is set for next Fri-Sat at HM. Other lesser reasons are that the install work will include taking a lot of engine stuff off to do the TGV deletes and Perrin fuel rails. So if the FMIC was on.....most of it would have to come off again.....

he's right. Shoot man, if you are getting his TMIC, and you want his K&N too, then by all means, grab it ;)

K is right, my price isn't far north of that so Im not taking a huge loss on it, and he's right also in that new they are usually 250.

I wonder if turning that intake 90 degrees counter clockwise would hit the wall.

Maybe you should ask the guys from AVO to take some pics for you with it turned like that and what not.

Also, is that intake gonna come in from AVO THAT fast?

Its sitting in stock at Rallitek now. As for moving or turning it, my thoughts are that it with the two hose joints and the longer bent metal tube section, some parts could be "tailored" or trimmed to make things fit. That's the rub with the K&N. Its so beautifully designed to fit precisely where its supposed to go. I'm crying now.

• 8 months later...

Archived