LegacyGT.com

Questions regarding 2017 Subaru Legacy

Foreforlife

Hello all. I just recently joined this forum after a recommendation from a friend who has gone through multiple different Subaru vehicles. I was in the market for a new car, and my search brought me to the Subaru Legacy. Long story short, I love the 2017 Legacy 2.5i Sport and want to make a purchase. My question for the thread is what do I need to know prior to going in to buy this thing and how do I get the best price. I'm wanting to get the Sport with Eyesight etc., and that has put it up near almost 30K. Does anyone know what the invoice is for this model and what I should be able to get the dealer down to? The car is a little outside of my price range, but I love the vehicle and want to try and make it work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time. I look forward to hopefully joining the Subaru ranks soon!

Check carsdirect.com, you can price out car there and they will show you MSRP, Invoice, and Carsdirect price. They basically have connections with all local dealers and if you use them they direct you to dealer with paperwork that locks in the price. I used them years ago to assist a now ex purchase a Mini Cooper. Purchased from same dealer we visited for $4k less then dealer offered.

2017 Legacy Sport is $27,534 with Eyesight/Navigation/Moonroof and a couple extra additions including the all-weather package. This is up in Minnesota.

This is the same car I am looking at and was at 2 separate dealers today.

I was able to get one dealer down to $26,534 on a Venetian Red Pearl Sport but I just can't bite on that color.

I got the same dealer down to $27k on a Ice Silver. I think they would have gone lower but they have to transfer it from another dealer. I'm crossing my fingers that the other dealer will release it on Monday, if not I may end up picking up a Black one - but I haven't negotiated price on that one yet.

Best bet is to work them on the ones that they have in stock.....dealer had 3 identical Red Pearl's in stock and that is why they were willing to deal on that one...

Last week we got a 2017 Legacy Premium, with eyesight and a moonroof for $24,850 (MSRP was around 28,400). Then i busted out a Subaru Ambassador coupon for an extra $500.

First, I used the costco auto buying program, and got a price of 25,600. Then I went home and emailed 12 additional dealerships, and told them exactly what I wanted. Of those two came under the costco price.

I took my trade to the lowest priced dealer, who gave me a quote of 24,999. I was given a trade value of 7k.

I took that information back to the Costco dealer, who gave me a trade value of 6,500. Just then, I told them that I was given a much better deal elsewhere. They matched the trade value, and beat the lowest price by $150.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought a black 2.5i Sport on 9/3/16 in Milwaukee off the lot for $26,432. MSRP is $29,614 Includes Package #17 (Eyesight, etc, etc) and Package #5 (All weather mats, cargo tray, dimming mirror, splash guards & rear bumper appliqué). I contacted about 6 dealers and this was the best price. It's a beauty!

Archived