LegacyGT.com

remote key and driver door and rear hatch not working!

Just got a used 05 Legacy Outback, and we got a great deal; but didn't notice a few things until after back in Georgia... and sale was complete. Very happy with the car, just need to fix this particular issue quickly!

The remote key lock isn't working. I did see something about programming it in the manual (glovebox version). Do I just have a bad one; OR is the fact that my drivers side Door Lock Actuator doesn't seem to be working either.

Also, the rear hatch doesn't lock, at all. Thats seriously an issue. Maybe just a new rear hatch Actuator? I checked the wire cluster going into the back hatch, no visible wires broken.

Advise, would be greatly appreciated!

http://david.stembridge.us/media/_LLS9528_FB-1.jpg

There is a battery in the key fob, do you replace it ?

I did; but when I opened to clean and inspect noticed the 2 main switches had come unfastened from the little circuit board. So, I have ordered a new one via eBay!

I also ordered a new driver side door Actuator as well. Mine isn't working. I checked the rear one, and it looks great, well lubed and no rust or broken wires. Once the new Actuator is installed, the rear hatch should respond properly. I'll update here when I get everything and install it!

Archived