LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (w/Harman Kardon) replacement?

Hey guys, so a couple things. I have the 09 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition, with the 9-speaker harmon kardon stereo system. I need a recommendation for new 6.5" speakers for the front doors, and the tweeters. I would like something that can handle high/low bass, can handle the stock amp, andwon't destroy my bank. I was thinking JBL, or Polk Audio. But, I would like some suggestions. Help?

those brands will work fine. Polk, Alpine, JBL, all are decent picks. I haven't had good luck with kicker speakers or crossovers.

You could find some cheaper items on partsexpress that will get the job done if you want to match specific ohm and power ratings to what your setup requires. The brand name packages you mentioned are easier to drop in as replacements. Any more high end expensive speakers above the entry level kits require additional amplification beyond what the H/K can produce.

keep in mind "peak watts" is a marketing gimmick, stick to RMS power ratings when matching speakers to amp ratings. Not sure what RMS power the H/K will put out to the door speakers, but some basic sets are designed for that power range so you'll be fine.

Archived