LegacyGT.com

Regrets about 2005 legacy GT 5AT

I had a dealer install a sunroof for my neon back in 97 and after a few days the metal edges around the roof started to ripple. I took it back and they cut a bigger hole and it was better but after a few days I could still see ripples. Most people wouldn't notice but, I could see it. Problem with non factory is there usually isn't any reinforcement around the cut that yopu would have with a factory sunroof. Maybe it was a poor body shop, I don't know but based off that experience, I would never have a custom sunroof put in.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now you see the difference between taking it to "the dealer" and picking a shop of your own, one that you've researched both their capabilities and the brand of sunroof they're selling you. Giving the dealer free reign to install "a sunroof" is what lead you to your problems.

Dealerships pick shops by how much they can mark up the services, not how well the job is done.

^ True - but the a good dealer should be hooked-up with a reputable shop.

A part of my/the-wifey's past good experience, I think, has to do with the dealerships that we've chosen. But, of course, a part of it also comes from doing our homework with regard to such shop recommendations, too. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Keep the car. Make it how u want it ... its urs. Do some mods like said before if u think its slow- up/downpipes & AP/or tuned. keep it in sport mode & I promise u have never drivin a auto car like this!! F-with ur friends & other people who dont really know the car "its slow, an auto & I only have a k&n filter":D

Keep the car. Make it how u want it ... its urs. Do some mods like said before if u think its slow- up/downpipes & AP/or tuned. keep it in sport mode & I promise u have never drivin a auto car like this!! F-with ur friends & other people who dont really know the car "its slow, an auto & I only have a k&n filter":D

+1 on "make it how u want it"!:) ...everytime you mod (even if it's as subtle as changing the carpets) you'll feel like you're driving a new car....the GT is a pretty fast car whether auto or stick...(I've always wanted a fast auto for a good price...that's after I drove my cousins MB 500E and C36 years ago :D )...you will appreciate not having to shift all the time to be fast, just leave it in sport mode and you don't have to worry about redlining, misshifting, etc..:D give it time, you'll appreciate it more.

In Taiwan now...:spin:

• 3 months later...

Thought webasto had built in deflectors now? Can you post pics of the roof liner (does it look good?) and of the lip on the outside (how bad does it stick out?)?

I got an aftermarket roof on my GT. I love it but the subaru roof has a built in air deflector in it that pops up to quiet the airflow when it is open. I got a deflector to take care of that and it works great, I don't mind the look either but some people don't like it. I got a great deal on a Webasto roof because they were the manufacturer that my dealer worked with and it was factored into the purchase price when I made the deal. It'll probably cost you around $1000-1300 depending on where you get it.

Subaru would probably be the most expensive if they would even do it. Too bad you couldn't get it done as part of the deal but even if you get it done now it'll be worth it. I love mine and you can't even tell its aftermarket.

Archived