LegacyGT.com

Regrets about 2005 legacy GT 5AT

I kind of have regrets of buying the 2005 legacy GT 5AT. I got it for a good price but i should've gotten manual. I'm so use to a manual trans car. I also wish that subaru would over the sunroof without it being in an expensive package along with the leather. I just bought this car on friday, i'm loving it but the not having the sunroof and the manual trans is not really doing it for me. Is it possible to still trade in the car for like an 06? I will probably lose a lot of money in the end. Any one want to trade? :)

Just thought i'd share my input

thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of have regrets of buying the 2005 legacy GT 5AT. I got it for a good price but i should've gotten manual. I'm so use to a manual trans car. I also wish that subaru would over the sunroof without it being in an expensive package along with the leather. I just bought this car on friday, i'm loving it but the not having the sunroof and the manual trans is not really doing it for me. Is it possible to still trade in the car for like an 06? I will probably lose a lot of money in the end. Any one want to trade? :)

Just thought i'd share my input

thanks

I believe you have 48hrs post purchase to bring the car back, but you can contact the dealer and I'm sure they will work something out.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

yeah, i'll probably do that tomorrow and see what they say. If they say no u can't do that, i'll just have to live with what i got. I'll probably just add the sunroof and buy it from subaru.

thanks for the input guys:)

I'd call them ASAP...you wait longer is just one more day you OWNED the car.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Guest *Jedimaster*
I believe you have 48hrs post purchase to bring the car back, but you can contact the dealer and I'm sure they will work something out.

My dealer told me I could bring it back in 30 days and trade it for another vehicle if I didn't like it (then again, Bill Kolb would lie to his mother for a dime).

As far as the sunroof thing goes, I'm with you- I prefer not to have it- wife wanted sunroof- I wanted leather, so with no choice, we got both. If it ever leaks on drop of rain, it goes in the body shop and gets welded shut, ground flat and painted.

If it's too slow for you, you could always drop $1500 and turn it into an animal:

1) AP ($645)

2) Shorty DP

3) UP

4) Pulleys

That would be about $1,290 including shipping (Source: PL-Tek)

5) Carbotech Bobcat brake pads - front and rear

That would be $200 including shipping

Total would be $1490. You get lots of extra power and much better brakes to stop the beast you created.

I got an aftermarket roof on my GT. I love it but the subaru roof has a built in air deflector in it that pops up to quiet the airflow when it is open. I got a deflector to take care of that and it works great, I don't mind the look either but some people don't like it. I got a great deal on a Webasto roof because they were the manufacturer that my dealer worked with and it was factored into the purchase price when I made the deal. It'll probably cost you around $1000-1300 depending on where you get it.

Subaru would probably be the most expensive if they would even do it. Too bad you couldn't get it done as part of the deal but even if you get it done now it'll be worth it. I love mine and you can't even tell its aftermarket.

I got an aftermarket roof on my GT. I love it but the subaru roof has a built in air deflector in it that pops up to quiet the airflow when it is open. I got a deflector to take care of that and it works great, I don't mind the look either but some people don't like it. I got a great deal on a Webasto roof because they were the manufacturer that my dealer worked with and it was factored into the purchase price when I made the deal. It'll probably cost you around $1000-1300 depending on where you get it.

Subaru would probably be the most expensive if they would even do it. Too bad you couldn't get it done as part of the deal but even if you get it done now it'll be worth it. I love mine and you can't even tell its aftermarket.

Subaru isn't too fond of retrofitting things - such as the Navigation. If they won't do a navi, then I would probably put money on they definitely won't do a sunroof

you are lucky that you can return it for maybe a little loss...in California, there is no "cool off period", meaning you can't buy it and return it cuz you change your mind. Hey...the auto is not as bad as you think....you always use the manual shifting...in the long run, it's not as stressful. And yes...you can make it into a beast for less than $2000...the AP along with dp/up is incredible...you can't find a better car that's as nicely equipped as the Legacy for $25-$30g :)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

actually i spoke to my sales rep at subaru and he said that he can put a sunroof for $1295.

I would bet that's not the Subaru factory sunroof. They probably just have a relationship with an aftermarket vendor, in which case it isn't anything you couldn't get done yourself if and when you wanted to. It won't be the same as the factory roof, though.

I think they kind of have you by the balls on the car, but if you go to them and ask if anything can be worked out, and realize that it may cost you $1,000-1,500 to trade to another car (irrespective of any actual price difference on the two cars), they may be willing to do something. If they can make a little more money on the deal and make you a happy customer, they might just be able to come up with a deal you can live with.

^ Not the same as the factory roof isn't a bad thing at all, not these days. ;) Sure, back in the 80s, that would likely have been a fiasco - leaks and all - but modern aftermarket roofs are very, very well-made, and as long as the installer is a true professional, the end-result should be superior.

I actually wish I had my wife's aftermarket roof, which the dealership had installed onto her Rex, with full warranty coverage and all.

This sucker not only has memory positions, but also has an auto-close function on key-off/door-open, and an illuminated switchpanel.

I'm a frequent user of my moonroof, and I find the auto-close to be a very thoughtful feature. Similarly, as I use my roof so much, even at night, I've had to "index" my controls with both some strontium paint as well as a Tritium marker. The lighted controls would have been very nice....

-----------

latintrpt -

I am very fond of rowing the car myself. To me, it simply adds to the joy of driving.

However, the LGT 5EAT really is a pretty nifty little gadget - and had I been forced to get it, I don't think I would've really disliked it all that much.

When driving slushboxes, I like to play a game that never fails to both engage me mentally as well as adds back significantly to the jobys of driving the vehicle.

I try to guess what the slushbox and computers will decide to do, given any particular coming situation, and then try to manipulate my throttle (and brakes) to anticipate the pending situation, and to get the vehicle to do my bidding precisely. Sure, it's not as direct as a row-it-yourself box, but this little game can also get you more in-touch with the vehicle, which is what driving a stick, to me, is all about. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived