LegacyGT.com

2006 Leagacy GT?

Hello, Noob here

Basicaly i live in New Zealand and am looking to buy a Legacy GT 06 cause in my mind its the perfect car. But as ive been looking around all im seeing on trade me (New Zealands trading site) all im seeing is 2.0ltr subies. When im seeing all the 2.5I's around this forum. Am i missing something here?

In the USA our Legacies came with a 2.5 non turbo or a 2.5 turbo (the GT). You'll wanna make sure you get a Subaru with a turbo because the ones without are frustratingly slow except for the six cylinder (H6) models.

Now I the Legacies here are sold with a 2.5 or 3.6, neither are turbocharged.

Does that answer your question?

Even though a majority of Legacy owners are just middle aged people who get the lowest trim level, the enthusiasts are much more likely to be on this site. That's why if you judge from this forum's population sample it makes it seem like everyone has a 2.5 GT.

Head over to clubsub.org.nz or liberty.asn.au for more relevant info. The 2.0L models have twinscroll turbo's so a vf52 will not fit without replacing every part of the exhaust before the midpipe. There aren't many options for upgrading the turbo on these that don't involve swapping to the STI style twinscroll design.

NZ does have some 2.5gt models though. Just a bit more rare as all the JDM ones we get are 2.0 and quite alot of the facelift NZ new ones are 2.0 aswell confusingly.

Nothing wrong with the 2.0 though. I'm getting around 190wkw from my 2.0 06 with the stock turbo and supporting mods. Get an 06+ GT Spec B and you'll be damn happy with either engine.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived