LegacyGT.com

Blinking tire sensor

Hi Everyone

I am writing on this this site because I need any suggestion I can get. I drive a Subaru Legacy 2009 Special edition I have 92k on it.

Everything started with the issues of my previous tires (One month ago)...Every two weeks I would have to add air...

After going to a few tire shops to fix it (and they didn't) I decided to take the matter to my hands and bought a tire fix spray...It was a bad idea because it changed the balance of my wheel.

I rebalanced all wheels but as the fall came I started to have my blinking tire issues.

It blinks for a minute then it is constantly on.

I decided to buy new tires (as I had 52k on them) so I bought new ones from tire rack and installed them at firestone... I also told them of my issue...

They said they reseted the sensor and it is fine...they also added more air then usual.

Next day same problem so I went again to them... same solution...

I went to another firestone and the guy showed me the sensors are sending the psi to his device and reseted again the tire sensor.

On tuesday I went to subaru dealership service and replaced my passenger airbag (recall) and told them of my blinking tire issue...They reseted the sensor added more air 37 ,38 psi and 10 min later same issue...

I spoke with the Subaru dealership and I have another appointment with them as i complaint...

Is any fix to this I can do myself?

PS I change my own oil, spark plugs...I am a novice...

Thank you!

Archived