LegacyGT.com

05 lgt oil leak after rebuild

Just got my engine rebuilt a few months ago and there's about 2500 miles on it. Noticed some fresh oil on my driveway for the last week or so. I'm not the most mechanically savvy person as this is my first car and i'm not entirely sure how to get in there and check it out myself. I'm having the shop i got the rebuild at take a look at it for me in the coming days. One thing i may believe it is is when i got my first oil change after the break-in period, i feel like the shop that did my oil change (diff from the rebuild shop) didn't replace the crush washer that i guess is supposed to be swapped with every oil change. I am also running rotella t6. any help? appreciate it.

Sounds like it isn't leaking that much, and it's best to do not after the car is been sitting s while. Pull the stick wipe it put it in and pull n check. You can find the leak on your own pretty easily. Drive up on ramps and start looking for oil. I went thru it as well, I had to replace the brass washers for the rear banjo bolt.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ramps and a good flash light will give you a good look under there.

There could be oil leaking form any number of places.

Hint, if your going to buy ramps, by metal ones. You'll feel saver under there.

I trust my floor jack and jack stands much more.

I also have Fumoto Oil Drain valves on both my cars the GF's new Outback.

I have learned to drive to work, park on level ground, open the hood, pull the dip stick wipe it, lay it on the intake manifold, loosen the oil fill cap, close the hood, go to work. 8 hours later, check the oil level. Even then its a crap shoot... also read the back side of the dip stick... did this yesterday and once or twice a week sometimes.

Good luck...yea right...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
Just got my engine rebuilt a few months ago and there's about 2500 miles on it. Noticed some fresh oil on my driveway for the last week or so. I'm not the most mechanically savvy person as this is my first car and i'm not entirely sure how to get in there and check it out myself. I'm having the shop i got the rebuild at take a look at it for me in the coming days. One thing i may believe it is is when i got my first oil change after the break-in period, i feel like the shop that did my oil change (diff from the rebuild shop) didn't replace the crush washer that i guess is supposed to be swapped with every oil change. I am also running rotella t6. any help? appreciate it.

Did you find your oil leak guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived