LegacyGT.com

Michigan............

pnbnatiojnsbest

Am I really the ONLY one? There HAVE to be more Legacy owners in Michigan!

:spin:Where are you at!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:spin:

I have a new 6th Gen CG 2.5 Premium. I plan on lowering it with H&R's (1.3F/1.5R) second, it is already tinted if you want to count that. I can get them for 10% off through work. I looked at an Japanese spring kit that was like $430 before shipping...ummmm NO!

Then the Nameless muffler delete, since we have no emissions here. One of the tech's at my job used to work for a Subbie performance center so he and I are going to make a midpipe to match the Nameless kit.

I am torn between the Takeda CAI and the SSD. SUGGESTIONS?????

I might try to talk my tuning dept at work into tuning my car on our AWD dyno.

I want to do the @DiodeDynamics turn to tail and LED upgrade kit, 6,000k headlight and 6,000k DRL upgrade too.

Hey Nick!

SWEET, I'm in the Southfield/Bingham Farms area. I was seriously wondering if I was on an island lol. I have 200 miles on Lexi, and I LOVE HER! My ONLY complaint is that the HD radio is kinda sketchy...other than that it is a super solid car. I love your GT BTW. I have loved them since Subaru first started with the short deck, scoop and Outback style nose (third gen? like 99ish). How do you like yours?

-Jaimie

I like it a lot but it has a lot of body roll and the transmission is kind of terrible. Sometimes it feels like a chore to drive it around because it's so stubborn to shift. I have coilovers on order though so that should help the handling.

The 2002 I still have handles GREAT but was slow as a turtle.

I have a Rallitek skid plate and ISC coilovers on order. Otherwise, so far:

-Invidia catless downpipe

-Kartboy Short shifter and front/rear shift bushings

-Cobb Accessport and tune done by TuningAlliance.

I'd like to get a Borla or HKS catback still and a GrimmSpeed intercooler (in that order), and maybe someday a bigger turbo. I'd also like to install better fog light bulbs or better fog lights. The fogs on my GT are almost impossible to notice from inside the car. They are more for the cool factor. I really like having the road lit up right in front of the vehicle and to the side.

I don't know anything about the newer generations and I'm still learning about my fourth gen but you might not need a cold air intake, especially on a N/A engine. It could be fun though.

I have an aluminum skid plate on my 2002 and I love it. It's saved me a few times when there were big branches or rocks or pieces of truck tire that I couldn't avoid and ran over. So that could be something to look into. Also, how are your tires?

I am positive that the CAI will do very little in terms of whp, but I don't mind the noise. You raise good points about the skid plate...never even considered it! #MichiganRoads it makes sense lol. I noticed the bumper has an insert to plug the gap left by the dual exhaust 3.6L. I am tempted to dupe the nameless kit and hide that it is a 2.5! I am torn on the swaybars...the car handles well, but rolls a ton. The tires are good, surprisingly so.

Yes! My car has SOOO much body roll! It's crazy! I was so used to my 2002 Legacy - that thing felt like a go cart compared to my 2009. I expect that to be solved with the coilovers I'm waiting on though. I'm really excited about that because pulling through those curves is just one of my favorite parts of driving.

My next two upgrades are going to be catback and intercooler. CAN'T WAIt!!! Have to though haha $$$$ dangit.

Archived