LegacyGT.com

How to remove this trunk part ?

I'm interested in doing something similar also. The 3.6R comes with a silver insert panel, however I've priced these up at $400+ at the dealer.

Plus I'm not convinced of the whole panel in chrome is the way to go.

What color car do you have and color wrap were you considering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya,

Can someone please tell how to remove this part ?

I dont even know what it's called [emoji38]

Trying to vinyl wrap it

Thanks y'all

You just take iff the cover inside the trunk lid and there are 5 Nuts holding it in and a quick disconnect for the Camera and Lights..20150620_163427.thumb.jpg.306928ccdf13b89bc344583659675dc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

20150620_163644.thumb.jpg.bec945de2937b3e2c6cb397295af63de.jpg

I'm interested in doing something similar also. The 3.6R comes with a silver insert panel, however I've priced these up at $400+ at the dealer.

I have got a white one and the whole rear looks quite bland.

Im actually thinking of vinyl wrapping it in chrome :lol:

You just take iff the cover inside the trunk lid and there are 5 Nuts holding it in and a quick disconnect for the Camera and Lights..[ATTACH]238001[/ATTACH][ATTACH]238002[/ATTACH]

Thank grnlantern .... I managed to unscrew 4 nuts, cant see the 5th one? It still wont budge.

There are also 4 pointy plastic tabs, so just push them through?

I have got a white one and the whole rear looks quite bland.

Im actually thinking of vinyl wrapping it in chrome :lol:

Yes I can understand that on a white or silver car it's probably not too bad. On a black/dark coloured car it's a big chunk of chrome/contrast.

5eed289a5091011f7e3144c05e2d5e2d.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&height=700&width=1050

http://marquenews.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Subaru_Liberty_rear.jpg

a90bd2c2412097226875de1c2870c8d5.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&height=700&width=1050

http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-Subaru-Liberty-3.6R-taillights-630x441.jpg

Yes I can understand that on a white or silver car it's probably not too bad. On a black/dark coloured car it's a big chunk of chrome/contrast.

a90bd2c2412097226875de1c2870c8d5.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&height=700&width=1050

http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-Subaru-Liberty-3.6R-taillights-630x441.jpg

Tigger, you're right about chrome on black. Looks a bit weird.

You can do carbon fibre wrap on yours i suppose, it goes with your other tasty mods

I agree, I don't think it suits a sporty black car like yours.

Looks strange to me to have a chrome piece there.

It's quite common on Asian-trim Subaru models. My 2.5 comes with the chrome piece. I kinda like it, but then again I've been told my taste is suspect, lol. Chinese shopping site Taobao sells an additional chrome trim piece that's as big as the stock piece and sits below the licence plate. That's too much even for me.

@redvenetian on Instagram

Thank grnlantern .... I managed to unscrew 4 nuts, cant see the 5th one? It still wont budge.

There are also 4 pointy plastic tabs, so just push them through?

Yes Just work the Plastic Clips Loose then it should come right out.. I have the Chrome one from Japan I love it..20160716_183708.thumb.jpg.e4bd6826e3cd647bf945f6e8e9c8c547.jpg

• 9 months later...
Hiya,

Can someone please tell how to remove this part ?

I dont even know what it's called :lol:

Trying to vinyl wrap it

Thanks y'all

OMG don't remove that, that is the Joey protector. If you put a darker color there, they will follow you wherever you drive (seeing their reflection as they chase you is the only thing that keeps them away!)

On a side note, in the states that panel is body paint color, no special trim. But we also don't have many rogue Kangaroos...

OMG don't remove that, that is the Joey protector. If you put a darker color there, they will follow you wherever you drive (seeing their reflection as they chase you is the only thing that keeps them away!)

On a side note, in the states that panel is body paint color, no special trim. But we also don't have many rogue Kangaroos...

Don't worry about the kangaroos, they are friendly enough, it's the drop bears that you really have to worry about.

https://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear

Don't worry about the kangaroos, they are friendly enough, it's the drop bears that you really have to worry about.

/QUOTE]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/driverless-cars-kangaroos-volvo_us_5957d3e8e4b0da2c7323eaf0?yme&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Ha ha ha, Kangaroos are out-hopping Volvo technology...

And so it begins, the Kango take over...

Archived