LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

GI parts for the M14 dried up long ago, leaving inferior commercial Springfield parts for the current M1A’s. I’ve had two of them, and will not have another one.

The M14 was a shitty design when adopted, and unlike wine time hasn’t improved it.

GI parts for the M14 dried up long ago, leaving inferior commercial Springfield parts for the current M1A’s. I’ve had two of them, and will not have another one.

The M14 was a shitty design when adopted, and unlike wine time hasn’t improved it.

I can't say I've ever had a desire for real Gucci guns or anything $2000+. I've got probably $2k into my best AR, but that was a "Improve everything along the way" type thing that just compounded, not necessarily buying for $2k off the bat. Even then, it's still just got Aero receivers and some other nicer stuff for quality of life improvements.

I like my H&K pistols and I like my ARs. I don't like shotguns at all but I know I finally have to buy one soon for 3 gun matches so I can stop borrowing my buddy's setup. Trying to convince myself that all I need is a cheap Mossberg or something and not a Benelli M4.

H&K also just released their long slide kits finally and I was considering converting one of my VP9s, but I got dirty thoughts of picking up a Canik TP9SFX as my new competition pistol. It costs less than a slide kit alone and it's already optics ready.

1nwXJkal.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what you think it is :icon_bigg

Why? Because tactical lever gun :lol:

Marlin 1894 CST - 357Mag

Silencerco Omega 9K.

Just wanted to do something different instead of another AR build. It is comically quiet with the silencer and 158gr 38spl.

PS: Don't worry, this is a new production Marlin. I wouldn't dare do this to an old lever gun.

1nwXJkal.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what you think it is :icon_bigg

Why? Because tactical lever gun :lol:

Marlin 1894 CST - 357Mag

Silencerco Omega 9K.

Just wanted to do something different instead of another AR build. It is comically quiet with the silencer and 158gr 38spl.

PS: Don't worry, this is a new production Marlin. I wouldn't dare do this to an old lever gun.

When I first saw it I was like "WTF?", then I was like, "hmmm, that abomination is kinda cool" .

So true. I cherish the firearms that have been passed down to me through my relatives. I’ve taken deer with my grandfathers rifle (.250 Savage) and small game with his shotgun. It’s awesome to share that lineage with the rifle and the family.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 1 month later...

Speaking of toys, got a long slide kit for my VP9:

http://i.imgur.com/bHSKYhF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z6A3zhm.jpg

Barrel is fitted just like a USP Expert. Shoots very well, conceals no problem in that holster and pretty comfortably too once belt tension is adjusted right.

Shooting both back to back on the same day with the same ammo, the long slide cut groups by about 1/3. Longer sight radius helps clean up sight alignment errors, and the match fit barrel improves mechanical accuracy. Adjustable sights are also a huge benefit so the pistol can be zeroed. Will have to bench them both to determine how much actual mechanical accuracy difference there is.

The long slide also shoots a bit softer, but the VP9 is already a soft shooter so it’s kind of a subtle difference.

Hit the range twice last week with my brother and my dad, brother is carrying a Gen 5 G19 MOS with a Trijicon RMR. I got some time on it as well, the RDS is pretty slick on a semiautomatic, I’ve also shot an M&P with a Leupold Delta Point and liked the RDS. Even with the superior sighting system the Glock could not match the accuracy with the ammo we had of the stock VP9 in my hands. My brother was disgusted that I handily outshot him with his own pistol (hey I used to be a competitive bullseye shooter...) and even more disgusted when he outshot his pistol with the long slide VP9. Very pleased right now with how good the barrel and slide are fit on that kit.

Now to get it milled for a red dot sight.... the dot is worth the time to learn. Yes I can shoot nice groups with iron sights, but it takes a lot of concentration and that is fatiguing. It was pretty damn easy to shoot that G19 with a dot on it consistently, enough that I’m confident I was getting representative accuracy out of it. With a dot all I had to do was manage the trigger. So once the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 comes out I’m sending the long slide off to get milled, and probably send the frame in to Lazy Wolf Guns for some texturing and a trigger job with an emphasis on cleaning up over travel and reducing the reset.

Unfortunately the Glock 19 still doesn’t get along with my hands, the trigger guard needs a deep undercut to not chew up my middle finger, the stupid cutout in the front of the frame irritates my pinky, and the top of the frame beats up the knuckle on my shooting hand thumb. Maybe I should try a G17, the grip on the G19 is just too cramped. At least they got rid of the stupid ass finger groves that fit no one.

Finally found a nice 4" S&W M29 today, after nearly two years of haunting the local gun shops and shows. ~1972 production, and even at a decent price... These old Smith wheelguns are getting harder to find...

Not my pic, but same gun, and just as nice condition:

http://www.fototime.com/A4B852C8EF2F328/standard.jpg

Long slide kit for my VP9 is on my list of "wants for when I have too much money." I have no use for it and can't use it in Production class so I can't even justify it as a competition bonus.

I've been putting together some dumb guns for no reason at this point. Still waiting on a couple bolts to show up so I can finish some AR10s and trying out a new trigger in an AR47 to see if I can get it to strike properly.

• 3 weeks later...
WASR-10?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The Romanian Military Classic from Lee Armory. I used to own a WASR, very rough around the edges....kinda like buying a M&P 15, they work but not much to write home about.

Lee Armory is based out of Arizona, they assemble AK's from virgin ROMARM kits, and make them right. Mag well is cut properly to fit all sorts of magazines....so far I've used Polish, TAPCO, Chinese and Magpul P-Mags in mine and they all fit snug, in my WASR the pmags would wobble and it was annoying. They polish the TAPCO trigger, got rid of the shepherds crook, no canted sights, cerakote....it's a solid rifle for $800.

That's the issue with AK's, if you're looking for one readily available, your choices are $1600+ for an Arsenal, VEPR or Saiga or you're spending $5-600 on a piece of junk from Century or Riley Defense...of course there's the WASR for $700 but they're a gamble of being good or not.