LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I'm excited for the new H&K VP9L slide kits revealed at SHOT Show.

As much as H&K absolutely hates its consumer base and everyone that dares to buy their weapons, I've been waiting on a VP9L for a while and I'm glad it finally came out as a slide kit so I won't have to buy yet another VP9. I especially loved that they demo'd it on a VP9b and the H&K rep said he didn't like paddle mag releases and preferred button releases. It drove all of the H&K fanboys mad.

I can't say there was anything else that really interested me.

SHOT show was underwhelming. Coolest thing I thought was the Daniel Defense Delta 5, very well thought out design. I think more AR manufacturers will move in to the bolt gun world once they see how much potential DD is tapping in to. A lot of black gun guys want bolt actions but don't know where to start, they'll trust DD from their AR's.

Maxim Defense PDX was pretty cool, though the people at their booth were crazy intense and trying to sell me on a pre-order. I just wanted to check it out, I wanted to see more of their products but the person I talked to was so over the top about the PDX I wanted to leave their booth ASAP. He was one of the guys on the R&D team who developed it so I could tell he was proud of his design but I PR clearly wasn't his thing. It's only 18.5" OAL but a heavy little fucker. Recoil named it the best of SHOT 2018, which doesn't surprise me since they did a 6 page spread in their latest issue.

Just looked up the PDX and I like it. Can’t wait to check it out. Wonder if it can be suppressed?

oh yeah it can. they make their own suppressor to go over the Hate Brake i believe, but can also swap out for your own can

89c07dfdc18ad1cc23bba8f949b68fa3.jpg

I was done buying guns for a while, then a friend was selling his SR15 Mod 1 for $1600, I couldn’t pass on it.

Now, I really am done buying AR15’s. I have an LWRC, one of the best Piston rifles made. I have a Noveske Shorty, one of the better DI rifles made. Now I have a SR-15, hands down the best and most respected DI on the market.

I’m set on AR’s. Next gun I buy will be a shotgun or a quality AK.

8eddca0e26956715a859ddac08e54459.jpg

Edited by THE RZA

I believe I need an AK as well. Just debating on what price range I want it at.

Since the last time, I sold the 938 since it went back 2 times and i still couldn't make it though a mag. I also got

Smith & Wesson 4566 TSW

Smith & Wesson 5903 TSW

Smith & Wesson 6906 CPD

Taurus M605B2

Ruger SR22

IMI UZI Pistol

I was looking at the Shockwave but Ohio law had a few glitches in the rewording. I think for Ohio, I could go though the Sheriff for it but I'll wait and see if I can save that $50 if they re do the law. I also had my eye on a West Virginia State Police 4566 but I kept getting out bid for it. I would cut bid like $780 and it would end at like $1500 or so.

look in to Lee Armory for an AK. Awesome small manufacturer from Arizona, they use all Romanian milsurp parts and assemble. That's who I'm looking to get an AK from, they sell from $700-900 and real nice quality. They even offer WASR's from Century where they polish it up. I used to have a WASR...not a bad gun just rough around the edges and always a toss up as to whether or not you get a good one or not. Lee polishes the trigger, puts better furniture and tightens tolerances up on Century's. I met with these guys at SHOT, really cool group.

Picked up a 2 1/2" 686 Plus today...

Google pic, not mine:

c7e9b4dde54fec084b250fe9c17463bc.jpg

I've been looking for an older (pinned & recessed) 4" M29 or M28 for a while, without success. I was in Phoenix today, so I stopped by Cabela's just to look around and they had the 686 in the used case, just put it out this morning. I would have preferred a 3" gun, but they had it priced ~$150 under typical prices I see for these so I decided to grab it. Best part was when I got up to the register and the guy scanned it, it rang up another $60 cheaper and they stuck with the lower price! :D

I had a Lew Horton 2 1/2" 686 back in the late 80's, so it's kind of a trip down memory lane. Back then they didn't have the 7 shooters, though. Now I just need some new speed loaders... :p

I know Korths are high end guns, but they always looked like a cheap copy of a Python to me. I could never stop associating them with RG in my head... :lol:

One revolver I always wanted to build, but never got around to was a Smolt... best of all worlds.

http://www.esca21.com/GunBigPhoto/smython_4inch_silver_wood_prop.jpg

A new Korth Mongoose is on my list, with an auxiliary 9mm cylinder.

The guns being imported by Nighthawk Custom are set up pretty much how I’d want down to the DLC finish and brass bead sight. Just need a set of stocks to replace the stock Hogues.

Even Python guru Grant Cunningham has stated that the Korth is made exceptionally well.

Plenty of handguns north of $1500 well worth the cost.

Most are just so purty you dont want to defile them and shoot. I admit to having spent over $1500 on a hand gun and I WILL do it again if finances allow.

Its sort of like buying a $6-$10k AR.

Plenty of handguns north of $1500 well worth the cost.

Most are just so purty you dont want to defile them and shoot. I admit to having spent over $1500 on a hand gun and I WILL do it again if finances allow.

Its sort of like buying a $6-$10k AR.

$6k-10k AR? :eek::eek: now that's aggressive. $1600 gets you a good AR, $2200 gets you a really good AR....if we're talking 5.56 of course. for 308 $4k gets you an SR-25, REPR or Noveske N6...anything above that is excessive. $1600-2400 gets you a Knight's SR-15 and you really won't need or want another AR....should have listened to Penguin a year ago.

Speaking of, Pengy buy this grip because KAC says it's fucking awesome, that's good enough.

https://reptiliacorp.com/collections/frontpage/products/cqg-grip

I was thinking about adding an M1A to the collection, but I think I'm over it.

SC

I had some experience with a Military (1950s production) M-14, and it shot very well. I liked it enough that I bought an SA M1A Scout a number of years ago. It was highly disappointing...

The match grade guns probably shoot pretty well, but the Scout I had was a 3 MOA gun with optics. The beat up, Korean war vintage M14 I shot was a 1 MOA gun with irons...

$6k-10k AR? :eek::eek: now that's aggressive.

I provably would not buy one (seeing how its the price range of a Barrett 50), but to each his own:

"Description:

The JJFU range of Nomad rifles are just that; never pinned down, go anywhere guns. Versatility and functionality backed by Jesse's notorious CNC machining and design experience make the Nomad a clean, minimalistic performer that will impress the most discerning shooters. Our entire line of Nomad rifles are designed, machined, and assembled 100% in-house. Starting with zero-tolerance, every rifle is hand lapped and precision fit to remove all slop, creating the smoothest, most accurate rifle you will ever shoot. Each Nomad is hand fit, assembled, and test fired by Jesse in Austin, Texas.

Nomad Base Configurations:

Nomad 15 | 5.56 or 300BLK. 16" Steel Barrel. $3,499

Nomad 10 | .308. 18" Steel Barrel. $5,000

Nomad Califas| 5:56. 18" Steel Barrel. Ban State Legal. $3,499

Nomad Pistol | 5.56. 7"- Barrel. $3,499

Nomad Police Special (SBR) | 5.56 or 300BLK. 10" Barrel. NFA. $5,000

Nomad Bolt | 300 WMG. 22" Barrel $12,500

Options include, but are not limited to: JJFU Pop-Up Iron Sights | JJFU Skelly Fore-Grip | JJFU Rock Crawler Bi-Pod | JJFU High Angle, Long Range Grip | JJFU Aero Sonic Low Signature Firing System | JJFU La Bomba Suppressor | Cryo-Treated, Fluted Bull Barrel | Carbon Fiber Barrel | Ambi/ Side Charger | A Variety of Optics | A Variety of Stocks | Custom Cerakote and Hardware Finishes.

For quotes, the full run down, and to place an order

Call (888) 269-0666 or Email JJamesFirearms@gmail.com"

$5000 for a .556 SBR with ZERO options. I would however have no issues paying $4k or more for a really fine hand gun. But, I might be all screwed up and Hi Point might be the pinnacle of firearms technology.

That may be the ugliest rifle i’ve ever seen :lol: I loathe skeletonized parts. It’s the equivalent of auto zone parts on a hooptee. I don’t care if Jesse James makes it, that shit is ugly.

I’ll rehash my stance, $1600-2200 you can have this and not look like a cholo

84e9bb67d193136856849ee30158a10f.jpg

I had some experience with a Military (1950s production) M-14, and it shot very well. I liked it enough that I bought an SA M1A Scout a number of years ago. It was highly disappointing...

The match grade guns probably shoot pretty well, but the Scout I had was a 3 MOA gun with optics. The beat up, Korean war vintage M14 I shot was a 1 MOA gun with irons...

Wow! I was figuring on just getting the Plain Jane version anyways! I'll just stick with getting the M1 all spiffed up.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited