LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

350k will buy you a plantation in WV. I’ve been asked to relocate to Reston for work a few times and I don’t want to because the cost of living is the same as New Jersey and the traffic is worse. But I’m a “Pennsylvania Resident” now, that’s my story and i’m sticking to it!

I am VERY fond of the 2A situation in W VA. If more DC professionals decide to trade in the hustle and bustle for the country life and a bit of a commute places like Charles Town will explode in value and amenities.

The problem with this is most urban people (especially liberals) really like the idea of rural life, so they invade, and then try to turn the rural area into an urban shithole... so they can have "value and amenities".

This is exactly what's happened with all the Kalifornicators that have moved into AZ. I'm not saying you're that guy, 'cause I get it. I wasn't that guy, either, when I fled CA almost 30 years ago.

It always starts with something like "Oh, I just love this place... it's so quiet. If it only had a Starbucks..." Next thing you know you have stoplights every hundred yards, and idiot Democrat transplants running for town council... so they can "tidy things up".

Sorry, rant off... :p It's just a subject near and dear to my heart, because now I have to find somewhere safe from F'tards to retire. Not that such a place really exists anymore.

I know full well how Californians have ruined AZ, CO, ID, TX, etc. I am a transplant from New York. I dont exactly "fit in" in California, LOL.

Moving to W V is almost like moving home. I am originally from a small town of about 800 people and 1 stop light.

That being said the population of W V has fallen over the past 2 years. People are actually either croaking or leaving the state. Realty values have also fallen (about 2%). I dont suspect a mad dash of Californians heading for W V. If a group of right wing republicans from DC want to bring their wealth to W V, I guess I might be ok with that. Lol.

Oh, and I dont partake in caffeine. So, no coffee or Starbucks. Cant say I am a fan of SB at all.

Oh and all the toys you can own in W V. Oh how my head spins.

Virginia is more free than Maryland.

Maryland is semi free. They have gun control laws but a lot of them are smoke and mirrors. You need a license to purchase hand guns and they have an approved roster. AR Pistols are mostly illegal to buy, but you can build. NFA Items are approved.

Magazine capacity is 10 rounds, but it is legal to own 30 round mags if you purchase them out of state. That’s a silly law because no matter where you live in Maryland, you’re within an hour drive of Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia or Virginia where you can buy 30 round magazines.

Virginia on the other hand, there are no restrictions. If you want your CCW, you’ll get it. You’d have to ask someone who lives there how long it takes, but they give it to you.

Now if you really want freedom, move to that little part of West Virginia where it meets MD and Northern Virginia. A 4 BR house will cost you 120 grand, it’s a 45 minute drive to DC and it’s constitutional carry concealed or open. That and you can walk around with a loaded AR if you really wanted.

Pennsylvania on the other hand, $20 and 10 minutes of my time at the police station got me a CCW.

Regardless of where you move, the first thing you need to do is buy a suppressor.

Damn site won't let me just use the quote button again.

Either way Va has the limit of 4 guns on your person at 1 time for CHL.

Damn site won't let me just use the quote button again.

Either way Va has the limit of 4 guns on your person at 1 time for CHL.

Va or W Va? Only 4??? I am 5'8" and 145lb. I can carry at least 10 without showing a print, LOFL.

If I can carry an AR pistol with a 50rd drum mag does it really matter that I only have 4?

The ridiculousness of only 4 at one time. Ludicrous as common sense laws.

Va or W Va? Only 4??? I am 5'8" and 145lb. I can carry at least 10 without showing a print, LOFL.

If I can carry an AR pistol with a 50rd drum mag does it really matter that I only have 4?

I have friend who doesn't leave the house without two. I don't get it but to each there own.

There's a saying that "two is one, and one is none"...

Back in the 80's I knew a guy that always carried three. He was with LAPD, and had been in two shootings with them, two with DEA prior to that, and three with NYPD, where he started his career. I always figured the guy was a little nuts, but if I was that much of a sh*t magnet, I wouldn't leave home without a SAW and artillery support. :lol:

I see nothing wrong with carrying one inside your wasteband and strapping a 6 shooter to your ankle. Maybe off body carry a sub gun like a MP5 variant or a Sig MPX Rattler in your back pack. I usually carry a backpack with me everywhere, a Rattler with 3 magazines would be perfect.

Now it "magically" works again....

Yes, Commonwealth of VA. At times I may have 2 at most but more than 2 is an outdoor range trip and I didn't feel like having a bunch of cases plus ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates from me and my musings in the media world!

-Sig Sauer gifted me a M17. I don't like plastic guns, I haven't shot it and I don't plan to. M17's are special edition so I plan to keep it new in box and sell it when the value goes up.

-Sig Sauer also sent me a Tango 6 scope, which the Army awarded the contract to Sig Sauer for the M16A4. Should be interesting, Trijicon had that contract with the ACOG. Rumor has it the Army wants to employ this scope on all weapons replacing the ACOG. I wonder if the Marine Corps will follow suit. It's upsetting if they do because I always bitched when I was in that when we did distance shooting, the ACOG didn't cut it. Fixed Magnification and windage adjustments weren't the easiest (and this is the problem with ALL trijicon products). Also interesting to see if Sig's quality is better with their more expensive scopes than it is with their red dot. I've used the romeo red dot once, I hated it and never bothered to look at their more expensive optics. With a $1100 price point, I would hope Sig made a quality product. Testing will soon follow.

-Currently doing a 2nd article on my Windham Weaponry 308, this time we're outfitting the rifle with a lot of upgrades that i mentioned as "do differents" in the first article. Switching out the Magpul fixed Carbine Stock for a UBR, upgraded to a Magpul Bipod which is fantastic...if you're looking for a rugged bipod without spending a load of money Magpul did this right, upgraded the trigger from a Geissele G2S to a Timney AR10 competition Trigger, and I'm mounting either a EOTech Vudu 2.5-10x44 or the New Nightforce NX8 1-8. I haven't decided yet. I like the Nightforce Reticle more, but they're equally great pieces of glass.

-The IWI Tavor/X95 is the gayest fucking weapon ever. If any of you shitstains desire owning one I will come kick you in the nuts to bring you back to reason. I did not get one on loan, but I shot one for a day and it was the dumbest thing ever. Cumbersome, ergonomics are terrible and it's just ugly. If you really want another 5.56 weapon but don't want an AR, get a SCAR 16.

• 2 weeks later...
For rifle and pistol cleaning I have one of those cable cleaning kits, which is fine, until I get down to my .22 Rifle. The cleaning end barely fits through and its so tight I feel like I'm going to damage something just trying to get it through. I was at a Big 5 Sporting goods the other day and also went to Sportsman's Warehouse, all they had was the cable system kits. Do they even sell the old school cleaning kits with Rods anymore?

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

amazon

I stopped shopping there after the service went downhill and my items took a month to show up because I wasn't a premium member. Maybe I should try a place like Dick's sporting goods, I didn't think of them before.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Interesting. I’d have to see this one in person, but Trijicon’s accupower 1-8 which is built to the same specs, except it’s a 34mm tube not 30mm is a tank of a scope and IMO too big to mount on a SBR/M4 to keep it versatile. That’s why I mounted my Accupower on a AR10

Made some upgrades to my 308

d56a85c8113fa770b096bd8ddf2c447d.jpg

-Trijicon Accupower 1-8x28

-Magpul Bipod

-Magpul UBR Stock

-Magpul K2 grip

Love the trijicon, it’s a tank for a 1-8 but great for an AR10, UBR stock is a lot more comfortable, Magpul’s bipod is badass.

Here’s my best grouping using federal 168gr BTHP from 100 yards in the prone

Tc8fb0c461d2ae28292047feb6b6362af.png

Dicks don't even sell hunting clothing anymore so the only rods you will find is up their....

On a positive note I found a 469 and ditched the horrible pebble sand grips for gen 3 curved ones.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_2FAD3B56-B18C-4D53-8B9F-9DA31ECC3410_zpstoqhupfi.jpg

I also may have acquired one of these for temp pocket carry while the 938 is off still.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_69B3F8EB-F245-4A15-8B36-C8D2CF6EFCC0_zpszalji08o.jpg