LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I’m now officially a resident of Pennsylvania and now most of my firearms reside where they are legal. Once I got my official change of residence, my first move was ordering a suppressor and filling out the paperwork. It will now be in purgatory til god knows when.

I think I want a suppressor for my AR due to the fact that I have had coyotes in the back pasture on three of the past four evenings.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I really hope the HPA ever does go through. Suppressors will be a lot cheaper because they can sell more, but also giving people the possibilities of buying different suppressors for different guns. I went with a Surefire Socom suppressor because I have the Socom Brake on 2 of my rifles, It's for 5.56/300blk so I can use them on any rifle chambered as such, but not for my 308. Most people for their first can will go would a multi cal and use it on all of their guns, but the benefits aren't the same if they were to be able to buy one for each caliber without going through an egregious process.

I think I want a suppressor for my AR due to the fact that I have had coyotes in the back pasture on three of the past four evenings.

We don't have coyotes here, but a considerable amount of wild boar. Usually they go away when you come, but if they have piglets to protect then they can become very bad.

453747.png

I see quote is still broken....

I’m now officially a resident of Pennsylvania and now most of my firearms reside where they are legal. Once I got my official change of residence, my first move was ordering a suppressor and filling out the paperwork. It will now be in purgatory til god knows when.

LOL welcome back to America.

You’ll start with a multi-cal suppressor, then you’ll end up wanting a dedicated suppressor, then you’ll want another then another.

I’m waiting on my last (yeah, right!) suppressor now. My Sandman-K should be out of jail in the fall. It will be suppressor #10.

Imagine how much more time and cost prohibited it would be if HPA actually passes and you could walk in and out of the gun shop the same day with multiple suppressors? Then buying a multi cal wouldn’t be neccessary anymore. The one I have sitting in jail right now is for 5.56 and 300blk

I have friends who shoot coyotes suppressed. They shoot more when pairs come in, no report confuses them and they stand around even after the first coyote goes down for a dirt nap.

I ordered a few more LaRue triggers. At that price I might as well outfit most of my rifles with it. I do still like my SSA.

When I am on night shift I will sit in the cemetery with my suppressed 22 pistol and shoot coyotes as they wander past my car. They have no fear anymore.

No. A retired judge owns the cemetery and mentioned that he watched a pack start getting too close to an older lady one day. So he asked what we can do about it and I said I will take care of it when I am on nights.

:)

He was always good to me in court so I will return the favor.

I have friends who shoot coyotes suppressed. They shoot more when pairs come in, no report confuses them and they stand around even after the first coyote goes down for a dirt nap.

Right, so if the idea is to kill coyotes great... if the idea is to keep them away and associate a place with loud bangs and death then no suppressor.

I ordered a few more LaRue triggers. At that price I might as well outfit most of my rifles with it. I do still like my SSA.

When I am on night shift I will sit in the cemetery with my suppressed 22 pistol and shoot coyotes as they wander past my car. They have no fear anymore.

Just don't let the DNR know you're shooting animals out of your car.

Right, so if the idea is to kill coyotes great... if the idea is to keep them away and associate a place with loud bangs and death then no suppressor.

If that worked then no coyotes would venture into any land in South Dakota. They’re more determined than you think, they just get smarter about it if you give them a chance. Educating them with loud noises and their buddy dying won’t stop them, just makes them more wise to making sure no one is around.

DNR’s too busy. Asked them to come get a baby alligator some crazy girl was walking around the trailer park. Took them 3 days. Meanwhile my kids had a pet alligator for three days. Pulled a baby fox out of a sewer. DNR didn’t respond. Baby fox died before I could get her to a vet the next morning. :(