LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

^ :lol:

That's awesome! :lol:

I'm going to buy some pink duct tape and use that the next time I'm teaching carbines... :cool:

I took that tape off and bundled it up - it's now in my sanctuary mementos.

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

No, not yet, unfortunately.

There was a UTM class set up for November at the APD Facility, but I knew early-on that I would not be able to make the date. Not that it mattered - I actually had racked up enough points with the wifey to talk my way into APD's low-light handgun/carbine shoot-house 3-night class, having driven my MIL to D.C. to watch my nephews play soccer, but I ended up breaking my ankle (by not paying attention at all to where I was walking - I was just walking back to the car after a pee break on the Ohio Turnpike, talking to my MIL, and I suddenly ended up face-planting into my car :lol: ; I completed the drive, though!), and, well, that's that for the year!:mad::redface: I was soooooo mad.

I'm OK with a bit of pain as reinforcement. :) The only thing I've been exposed to that was higher on the pain scale than paintballing in a T-shirt ( ah, the stupidity of youth! :lol: ) was the use of RAP4's (now "MCS," IIRC) .68 caliber rubber projectiles. My understanding of UTM is that it's typically 2 to 3 Joules, while Simunition's FXT rounds are between 5 to 6.

Those .68 caliber rubber rounds sucked.

But I don't know - I think that the specter of pain as feedback may have just made me do even stupider things than taking my hand off fire-control to try to point things out to my partner. :lol: I might have ended up running around like a chicken with its head cut off! :spin:

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

They even had a simunition M249 in the mix.

Oh, man... that could be a LOT of fun... :lol:

On the other end of things, I got some time in a VirTra 300 degree simulator yesterday (YT video is not me, just an example)

MUCH better than the old "MILO" system and "FATS" for anyone who remembers those... still not as interactive as sims, but the immersive environment is pretty cool.

Simunitions are fun till it breaks skin. We used them a lot in the AF. They even had a simunition M249 in the mix.

We couldn't get our SAWs to cycle reliably with ball ammo. I can't imagine they feed sim any better. :lol:

An M4 on auto was a treat.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

We got brand new M249’s before we deployed in 2004. They ran like a champ. Guess it helps when all your shit isn’t worn out. Just keep that little bullet hose lubed, and your linked 5.56mm reasonably clean and Hajji is gonna have a bad day.

We couldn't get our SAWs to cycle reliably with ball ammo. I can't imagine they feed sim any better. :lol:

An M4 on auto was a treat.

They worked even in Qatar sand. They hid the A1 lowers from us because we would burn through ammo to quickly. A1 lower, blanks, and MILES gear was a blast. Best part was when one of our guys figured out where and how hard to hit the gun to silent sniper kill.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for some California residents.

So it turns out there is a Garand in the family, but it's still in California.

If life were simple we'd just ship it from FFL to FFL, and I could pick it up.

However the guy at my local shop in Washington really isn't sure about what's needed to ship from CA to WA. He was also very resistant to the idea of a road trip if the M1 was not WhateverCaliforniaLabelsAsLegal.

The serial number dates the M1 to 1941, and it appears to have the original stock (which the guy at the gun store asked about).

Suggestions?

SC

Edited by Smithcraft

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I have a question for some California residents.

So it turns out there is a Garand in the family, but it's still in California.

If life were simple we'd just ship it from FFL to FFL, and I could pick it up.

However the guy at my local shop in Washington really isn't sure about what's needed to ship from CA to WA. He was also very resistant to the idea of a road trip if the M1 was not WhateverCaliforniaLabelsAsLegal.

The serial number dates the M1 to 1941, and it appears to have the original stock (which the guy at the gun store asked about).

Suggestions?

SC

FFL to FFL. The rifle is not currently considered an "Assault Weapon" and would be legal for sale/use in CA. IIrc the state considers them to use a "clip" not a "magazine".

Anyone have pictures of a handgun holster mounted under (or mostly under) a 2008~2009 Legacy driver power seat?

I haven't done under the driver's seat, but I do have one on the side of the console. Is hidden by my leg from anyone at the door and very easy to access. Most of my passengers haven't noticed either. It's not completely hidden like under seat would be, but I only have something in it when I'm traveling longer distances. Super easy to do, just bought a left handed kydex shell, four rubber insulators and four self taping screws from Lowes/Home Depot.

Empty:

IMG_4362.thumb.JPG.4776518e66a75e0f0ede33f3c7abc265.JPG

With my P-01 in it:

IMG_4346.thumb.JPG.e0e7d44dc5b891444e01389e005e11a1.JPG

Edited by Infosecdad

i got the 20ga version, pretty happy with the weight and feel of it so far. i already have a couple 12ga, both long ad short barrels (18.5" shortest) but this guy is tiny compared to those. i put it in my pool stick case to carry it to the neighbors to show it to him, haha. gonna try to get it out in the desert this sunday to pop off a few shells

Just ordered a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 optic...

173684.jpg

Couldn't pass up the price, but now I need another AR to put it on... :lol:

I shot one on a friend's Ruger MPR and was impressed, so I may just buy one of those. Lot of gun for the $$.

Just ordered a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 optic...

Couldn't pass up the price, but now I need another AR to put it on... :lol:

Ain't that always the truth. :lol:

I'm actually finally ready to upgrade from the first-gen PST 1-4x that I've been using this past year or so as a trial balloon, to see if a LPVO would work out well for my needs.

I think I'll have funds ready two years from now. I don't want price as a limiting factor in the final calculus. I'm going to go purely off of weight, glass quality, and features. Probably end up bankrupting myself, but oh-well! :spin::p

The Strike Eagle is remarkably good for the price. A friend of mine was using it at Fisher's Urban Carbine class, and said that the only time the glass quality became an issue was as darkness encroached.