LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I run a powder check die on my XL650 in toolhead station number 3. Very nice bit of reassurance, it reliably detects an under charge or over charge of powder. I've never actually had one, but I set them up just to test. Good piece of mind, it uses an adjustable depth probe and if the probe doesn't come to rest at the set depth an alarm buzzer sounds. Plus you can see the probe groove and buzzer activation button to keep visual track of powder charges.

I run a powder check die on my XL650 in toolhead station number 3. Very nice bit of reassurance, it reliably detects an under charge or over charge of powder. I've never actually had one, but I set them up just to test. Good piece of mind, it uses an adjustable depth probe and if the probe doesn't come to rest at the set depth an alarm buzzer sounds. Plus you can see the probe groove and buzzer activation button to keep visual track of powder charges.

True, I didnt think about an under charge.

Once I get a baller setup I'll run something like that. But with just a little lee turret its not a big deal to look each time as I seat the bullet. I also weigh a random round every now and then.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

My first few times loading I was scared... but once you find the setup you like and get it dialed its so consistent theres nothing to worry about. You can also choose to load with powders that make it stupid obvious that you've double loaded - usually it means I spill powder everywhere and no way is a bullet getting seated. Brings prices down, great for odd calibers, and best for ammo shortages if you've prepared for them!

I believe every gun I own says not to use reloads/handloads. :lol:Too many lawyers But if you do reload for a Glock I recommend staying away from lead unless you really clean it well each time and size the lead properly. Maybe even use a harder alloy. But as long as you're competent - IE, work on your car and not screw it up - then I highly recommend loading!

GlockTalk folks say they been shooting lead for years but clean their barrels often. When I fire it's usually 100 or so and I snake the barrel 2 times before I toss my EDC ammo back in. From what they are saying the new barrels in gen 5 aren't for lead either. For me I barely could get 200 rounds off in the 1 hour session especially if I do 15 of 12 gauge. The 80% lower is slowly coming together but still has It's hiccups and brass to the left or at my face issue.

Good part is I've gotten more accurate with shotgun and my grouping on my G17 is getting better as well.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_03DC5517-6229-48D9-840C-E9EBCFD22A31_zpsc0xysr67.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_CDEFBDA5-124A-431A-8BB9-9451AE988000_zpsejb16qo0.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_D10F27CE-0062-4814-9AE3-3D505ED1A3CC_zpsru7hd8tt.jpg

I also got a chance to shoot the Gen 5 G19. Trigger is really good but not enough to make me regret grabbing my Gen 3. Wasn't a fan of the flared mag well and cut. Looks like you have to train on that new design flaw. Orange follower after a week of being a range toy looks like crap. When I held the 1G7 it didn't feel as horrible.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_0FA3DDAB-24FC-4449-8D88-0ADDC461B575_zpsy7pihj3z.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_7716FCF2-1114-419B-B529-B06E5A42E504_zpsglhaxj4y.jpg

So sad. Thats worse then people not driving their cars! Only engraved guns would I be reluctant to shoot.

Pics of the octo barrel? I think those are so cool.

You guys see the new 50 State legal "Moderated" Black powder rifle that can be sold direct to consumer?! They actually decided (after "Never Shoulder, Never Forget) to get an ATF determination letter. But it ended up stating that its completely legal.

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2017/09/20/silencer-maxim-50-a-50-state-legal-suppressed-muzzleloader/#disqus_thread

Yea, Kommiefonia's head just exploded. I also like the use of "Moderated".

No head exploding here in cali. The anti-gun politicians and state AG stopped it the same day silencerco released it for sale. 2 other states too. We still cant own a "moderated" musket. Ca has own laws on suppressors and what is considered a firearm that is different than ATF. Actually most of us ca gun guys that were looking into this knew it wouldnt be legal in ca and that silencerco didnt do proper ca gun law research. They thought the ATF ruling was all they needed.

I mean we got politicians like this guy

That literally says they will make laws whether or not if it is constitutional cause they dont care.

Edited by Knight705

• 2 weeks later...
True, I didnt think about an under charge.

Once I get a baller setup I'll run something like that. But with just a little lee turret its not a big deal to look each time as I seat the bullet. I also weigh a random round every now and then.

An under charge is far more dangerous than an overcharge in my opinion. An under charge or no charge will put a bullet stuck in the barrel and your weapon then grenades itself on the next round fired down the barrel at full power on top of the squib.

An over charge to the point of being a double charge using a powder that fills the case is quite obvious since you'll have powder everywhere flowing out of the case and around it. The squid though is a sneaky gun wrecking bastard and has to be looked out for.

An under charge is far more dangerous than an overcharge in my opinion. An under charge or no charge will put a bullet stuck in the barrel and your weapon then grenades itself on the next round fired down the barrel at full power on top of the squib.

An over charge to the point of being a double charge using a powder that fills the case is quite obvious since you'll have powder everywhere flowing out of the case and around it. The squid though is a sneaky gun wrecking bastard and has to be looked out for.

Right, those noob motorcycle riders are crazy. And the sea creature is icky.

I think you mean squib. Which is an undercharge or usually no powder.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Yeah revolver guys who reload and compete with no power factor are notorious for loading the lightest powder puff loads they think they can get down the barrel to the target. Lower recoil being the goal, and the revolver is game because obviously the ammo doesn't have to have the oomph to run the action. I can see where frangible ammo could be an issue with really light loads, those bullets are very hard and need some pressure to get them slugged into the forcing cone and down the barrel. A guy used to loading a soft swagged lead bullet plugging in the same load data for a frangible round may be in for a rude surprise.

The other extreme in revolver junkies are the guys who want to see just how hot they can load shit before they need a mallet and a dowell to eject cases.

Edited by Penguin

Yeah iPhone doesn't like the word squib. Wants to change it.

Im surprised your allowed on a firearm thread on an iPhone :lol:

Yeah revolver guys who reload and compete with no power factor are notorious for loading the lightest powder puff loads they think they can get down the barrel to the target. Lower recoil being the goal, and the revolver is game because obviously the ammo doesn't have to have the oomph to run the action. I can see where frangible ammo could be an issue with really light loads, those bullets are very hard and need some pressure to get them slugged into the forcing cone and down the barrel. A guy used to loading a soft swagged lead bullet plugging in the same load data for a frangible round may be in for a rude surprise.

The other extreme in revolver junkies are the guys who want to see just how hot they can load shit before they need a mallet and a dowell to eject cases.

So true - revolver guys really like to push the limits it seems. But it can make for some amazing fireballs and pictures

The entire event is a left wing conspiracy to drive a national conversation and move towards shit canning the 2nd amendment. Wake up!!! Your govt has been using this same tactic for over 100 years. Kill innocent Americans in order to create a frenzy in which the govt is given the power to control the people (even more) and start multiple "theater wars" around the world.

Difference this time is its your constitutional rights.

My head is going to EXPLODE, can you tell?

Fortunately, for me, no moah, no moah, no moah. Done with that state of stupidity and nonsense.

Ray Charles had it right:

Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back

No more no more no more no more

Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back

No more

What'd you say

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I live in Riverside County. The current "hot bed" of Republican activity in the state. If I recall Ronald Regan referred to Orange County, CA as the place all good republicans should retire to (he may have said go to die).

I am not the only conservative leaning thinker in the state. LOL.

But I would also happily leave.

Been concentrating on rounding up optics and lights for my rigs. More functionality for what I currently have.

you have until 2025.

if kalifornia has it's way there will only be electric cars being sold.

I live in Riverside County. The current "hot bed" of Republican activity in the state. If I recall Ronald Regan referred to Orange County, CA as the place all good republicans should retire to (he may have said go to die).

I am not the only conservative leaning thinker in the state. LOL.

But I would also happily leave.

Been concentrating on rounding up optics and lights for my rigs. More functionality for what I currently have.

On that note, I hope they calm the fawk down! If the gun channels are right, my Glocks all have rate of fire increasing parts. I wonder if creating accelerated wear on trigger parts count?

That being said I finally fired a wheel gun the other day...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_6FEBE30E-255A-401D-998A-29EC91347545_zpsvxtc6jyq.jpg

Threw a light on this guy and it hated every second of it. G17 loved the extra weight up front for follow up shots.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_989A77D7-D208-4931-A0D1-6D5A52FFA6A5_zpszcp3tmnk.jpg

Wonder if the polymer 80 frame isn't flexing correctly like the old Glock 22s did when using a WML.

I'm half tempted to abandon it and go V2 for the metal rails alone. I believe all my issues are the rear rails. Going to fire it today after a few mins of 1000 grit wet sanding then decide if I want to continue or not. I'm glad I "Cheated" and got a G17 to rob the slide from since most uppers for the 80 build cost the price of a FFL gun after you get the parts shipped.