LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Other than shooting training rounds or flares, what's the point?

1. It doesn't look stupid like a Spikes flare launcher when attached to a rifle

2. It is freakin fun to shoot

3. There are also other rounds out there. With a destructive device stamp, you can shoot anything through it. Rubber Buck, Smoke (and SAF smoke), Chalk, Flares, Wood batons, Ferret rounds, and others. You can also use the 12 gauge and 22lr adapters.

A long time ago, when I decided to get a launcher, I decided that I wanted to do it correctly and not just settle for a flare launcher. Pretty happy with my decision.

1. It doesn't look stupid like a Spikes flare launcher when attached to a rifle

2. It is freakin fun to shoot

3. There are also other rounds out there. With a destructive device stamp, you can shoot anything through it. Rubber Buck, Smoke (and SAF smoke), Chalk, Flares, Wood batons, Ferret rounds, and others. You can also use the 12 gauge and 22lr adapters.

A long time ago, when I decided to get a launcher, I decided that I wanted to do it correctly and not just settle for a flare launcher. Pretty happy with my decision.

^I just learned something today...

PJyqUIK.jpg

WwrG9Qd.jpg

Never visited this thread before, just thought I would post my simple set up.

Took the Legacy out to the range, then and got a Ruger LCP II yesterday.

I have yet to shoot the LCP II but wow do I love how easy it is to rack the slide. I got the shield around May and it's great. I went with a single stack because I thought it might be easier for me to carry without printing but now that I have been doing it for a while I wish I got a G26 or G19 instead. Oh well, it's a great pistol regardless, except the slide is damn hard to rack compared to other pistols I have handled. I have around 500 rounds through it and there is no change with the slide. The trigger on the LCP II feels a lot more satisfying to pull than the shield 9. I've been thinking about upgrading the shield's trigger though.

Edited by Milkywitness

I'm under the impression that this gun was also designed for duty ammo. This guy shot casings at my mouth and chin using the range ammo.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_47A16FF7-156F-46CF-8F56-C2699C41470C_zpswf5j5ewx.jpg

Besides that, seem to be getting better with slugs and 18" barrel over the 26" barrel. I wonder if rifled choke would make it better.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_FEEACC47-C74A-4A38-9CCF-4DA48FFB3C41_zpsug6jsekn.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_34DAC0B8-D767-42B2-8C8E-F915E576AC6B_zpsa6idtugs.jpg

In other news I have more parts on the way for the lower and pretty much got it where I want it minus the rear rails. Looks more like it's going to be a 17 build.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_B86C3095-9FE8-4445-9ED1-3F2B218AC62F_zpsf7l3d7ik.jpg

While I was there I also saw my gun in all black vs the two tone. After seeing it in person, I'm glad I went this route over all black.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_1ED92FD7-44C6-469A-94E3-85CAEC6BE32B_zpsjfhvj1ho.jpg

I also fixed a gun to the point I'm confident the next owner can use it w/o issues I had from the beginning and let it go. Not sure if you guys remember why I even got the SCCY CPX-2. Last year my nephew had his in his possession when he was killed. He died trying to get it out of his locked glove box hours after the CAVS won the championship. The original gun is gone but I was able to find one like it from the exact same store. Part of my closure was to see if he could at least return fire had he been able to get it. From going though his belongings and receipts, the gun was brand new and only had about 11 rounds fired though it. Not sure what I want in place of it yet.

Edited by Merc6

2 regular Glock and an ETS mag. All fit perfectly vs some reviews claiming they don't. Same reviews also complained about the mag spring but I had to adjust it a little bit. Same reviews complained how they broke the plastic locking block pin when the plastic pin was really for the trigger group in the back of the grip. The actual extended mag release didn't need to be filed down as I was thinking it needed to be. The ETS mags actually fit better and have an audible click when seated. The folks who had the spring too far down the frame would have their mags eject when firing. I just about did everything but throw it at the wall, those mags are in there securely.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_45E067E4-D86A-45D8-BD86-74520DE877A1_zps3grarggw.jpg

Edited by Merc6

Finished, Kinda Sorta...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_6D8D137E-A425-43E2-A5D7-618BED9A8E5F_zps4ogatqyz.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_DFD1F7A8-B68F-49BB-A593-5175BA73BC43_zpsatjmo1o3.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_DE745D79-31BD-4CFA-A609-3E9A8F23FA77_zpswws6b2x3.jpg

I was able to snag a brand new Gen 3 for a nice price. I'll slowly buy a dedicated upper for it over time but for now I completed project vs leaving it strung along like this Legacy has been.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_EA45F637-2455-4BE7-8F3A-F4DD9DA5C71A_zpsiznu67vk.jpg

Had a few issues here and there like watching a video where they showed the take down go in backwards and doing just that. Fixed that after a bit of struggling with battery and take down. Last issue was in battery but not firing. The trigger group didn't like the Double Diamond connector so it went into the 17 for the time being. Tolerances are super tight so I don't expect this to be Glock torture test worthy at the moment. Even the pins are super tight compared to the new out the box G17. I will say the build has me wanting to install an extended slide release and a mag well to the G17. I'll resist for the time being so I'm not building 2 guns side by side. I still had a few things I wanted to do with the 870.

Edited by Merc6

I'm under the impression that this gun was also designed for duty ammo.

I was under the impression that the state I live in, California, was part of the United States of America a democratic and free country. Government of the people by the people. Boy was I wrong.

I was under the impression that the state I live in, California, was part of the United States of America a democratic and free country. Government of the people by the people. Boy was I wrong.

To think my 80% lower with no way to serialize came from Cali. Besides the guns and traffic situation, I'm sure there are better reasons to stay out that way? Postcards and YouTube videos make it look nice out there. My experience with Cali was the airport and that's about it. There was a guy on the Glock Nation FB group who did get approved for his CCW. Looks to be out of Modesto Cali area from the screen shot. He says it depends on where you live county wise, here I had to use the county next door for my issuance.

Edited by Merc6

...here I had to use the county next door for my issuance.

When was this?

I thought Cuyahoga got a lot better over the course of the last 5 years?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

To think my 80% lower with no way to serialize came from Cali. Besides the guns and traffic situation, I'm sure there are better reasons to stay out that way? Postcards and YouTube videos make it look nice out there. My experience with Cali was the airport and that's about it. There was a guy on the Glock Nation FB group who did get approved for his CCW. Looks to be out of Modesto Cali area from the screen shot. He says it depends on where you live county wise, here I had to use the county next door for my issuance.

You need government approval to exercise your 2nd amendment right?

That sucks.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I know more than a few manufactures of very high quality 80% lowers here in So Cal. But I can no longer buy them, use them, assemble them, etc. Because I live in California.

The weather is very nice. Thats about it.

When was this?

I thought Cuyahoga got a lot better over the course of the last 5 years?

Of all the folks I came across in my gun journeys, I have yet found a person with a Cuyahoga County issued CHL. They all to include mine say Lake.

You need government approval to exercise your 2nd amendment right?

That sucks.

Concealed, yes. Open carry nope so long as you only walk everywhere. Stripping butt naked and hanging a pistol from your neck using the lanyard loop or trigger guard is still considered concealed carry once you enter a vehicle or mount a bike. I haven't looked into it enough but I assume horseback also constitutes concealed.

I know more than a few manufactures of very high quality 80% lowers here in So Cal. But I can no longer buy them, use them, assemble them, etc. Because I live in California.

The weather is very nice. Thats about it.

Even the lowers with the plate where you can make them serialized? I guess that would be a no since Gen 4 and 5 Glocks aren't allowed still? Were you at least grandfathered in for the stuff you already completed?

Edited by Merc6

Of all the folks I came across in my gun journeys, I have yet found a person with a Cuyahoga County issued CHL. They all to include mine say Lake.

Man, that's strange! :confused::eek:

I haven't checked more recently, but for a while there over the last 5 years, their turnaround - including time the card spent in the mail - was down to just a week.

My initial issue 6 years ago was from Geauga, which was at a time that everyone recommended the adjoining counties and shunned Cyuahoga. So, when I went to get my renewal, I also went to Geauga - it was simpler because I was already on-file, there.

Are you on the Ohioans For Concealed Carry Forums? I think I asked before, I've forgotten. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

90+% of the people I run live in Cuyahoga. Those that have permits are usually Lake or Geauga county. I have not seen one person with a Cuyahoga county issued permit.

I will eventually go get my carry permit, just to make buying guns faster so I don't have to wait while they call me in. I will make it a point to get my permit from Cuyahoga.

On the firearm topic, I picked up a beater SIG P228 as a project gun. Hope to have it presentable before December. Going to give it to my daughter in law as her 21st birthday present.

90+% of the people I run live in Cuyahoga. Those that have permits are usually Lake or Geauga county. I have not seen one person with a Cuyahoga county issued permit.

^ Holy cow! That's incredible!

I will eventually go get my carry permit, just to make buying guns faster so I don't have to wait while they call me in. I will make it a point to get my permit from Cuyahoga.

On the firearm topic, I picked up a beater SIG P228 as a project gun. Hope to have it presentable before December. Going to give it to my daughter in law as her 21st birthday present.

LOL NOPE, CHL still getting 5 day waits on pistols. Shotgun seemed to be "Easier than buying a book" so I take it the pistol process is more strict.

Man, that's strange! :confused::eek:

I haven't checked more recently, but for a while there over the last 5 years, their turnaround - including time the card spent in the mail - was down to just a week.

My initial issue 6 years ago was from Geauga, which was at a time that everyone recommended the adjoining counties and shunned Cyuahoga. So, when I went to get my renewal, I also went to Geauga - it was simpler because I was already on-file, there.

Are you on the Ohioans For Concealed Carry Forums? I think I asked before, I've forgotten. :redface:

No, I'm on another CCW forum but lost track of which one it is. Cuyahouga site seemed to have more info on the laws than Lake and the other surrounding counties.

Concealed, yes. Open carry nope so long as you only walk everywhere. Stripping butt naked and hanging a pistol from your neck using the lanyard loop or trigger guard is still considered concealed carry once you enter a vehicle or mount a bike. I haven't looked into it enough but I assume horseback also constitutes concealed.

Even the lowers with the plate where you can make them serialized? I guess that would be a no since Gen 4 and 5 Glocks aren't allowed still? Were you at least grandfathered in for the stuff you already completed?

No 80% is legal in Cali anymore. They are considered a "ghost" gun. Any 80% that was purchased had to be assembled by Jun 30 2017 (as far as I read the regulation). Now they have begun the registration process for them. But have not given exact guidelines on how to acquire and stamp the serial numbers, etc. It is a shit show for sure. I have yet to register anything. I have time to decide still.

For anything I have not based on an 80% its just as bad. Never mind the registration process. Once registered the firearm can never be modified. You cant change ANYTHING. You have to supply PIX!!! If you dont want to register you are supposed to make them zero feature. To me registration sounds like the first step towards confiscation. I doubt you will find too many LEOs ready to volunteer to come take my firearms.

Another violation of my constitutional rights by the state of California. The legislature feels the 2nd amendment stops at your front door. By that logic the the first amendment should stop there too, no?

If he moves then the gun haters are stronger. Just the opposite, more strong Second Amendment individuals needs to homestead.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Yeah some fights are too big for just a handful of folks trying to plug holes in a submarine.

That whole not modifying it parts sucks. I literally had to undo my Double Diamond connector in the PF build and toss it into my G17 as the group and bar didn't like it and wouldn't fire the gun reliably. Rate of fire was 3 rounds per 45 mins. Hopefully today we can beat that by a lot!

Going to go fire this in a few with the OEM 33 round mag(31 +2 base plate) 4 OEM 17 round G17 mags(Not pictured) and a 17 round ETS G17 mag. I plan on grabbing the ETS 31 and adding the OEM +2 base to it.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_C9E086D8-232E-4D9D-B096-783592C96DDD_zpshbvat5ze.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_C9E086D8-232E-4D9D-B096-783592C96DDD_zpshbvat5ze.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_DD73D875-CC06-49D5-907F-F27848F875EA_zpsatps2cmg.jpg

A wee bit late but I posted a pocket dump last weekend on my road trip. 2 wallets balances out the load if I'm not wearing cargo pants and the ability to shed down to bare essentials in a second. ETS is running the +P Critical Duty and the 2 OEM is HST

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_F58567D4-4524-406E-95ED-9CD6D93FA77D_zpswlela8gn.jpg

Edited by Merc6

I just setup my go bag, just in case. I decided to just take my S&W MPc.357 Sig if I need to bail. I will take a metal lock case, I know I just should grab a box or two but it just easier to grab a metal case. Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆