LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Gander Mtn going out of biz. 15% of all firearms.

15% off still looks like this.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/5D1F299B-397A-4E19-ADCB-EB45362646C7_zps2uy6wclp.jpg~original

I'll stop by the one near the range when I go shooting in a hour or so.Ammo prices usually are the best.

Obviously, BDII, you've never looked at the firearms counter at Gander! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Brand new ones were gone, this was used and they weren't doing 15% here.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/E04C5BA7-F03C-485C-A519-4A141313DD62_zpsxs85djfe.jpg~original

This was brand new price for this.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/1EFA9F18-13DE-4C92-B81A-AC45BDB3C834_zpsppay87ce.jpg~original

I was trying to score the 226 SAO Legion range slut up the street but they still wanted $1200 for it. Their prices aren't much better than Gander, the small gun shops near me make up their own hours.

In other news I broke my 1911 and sent it off the other day.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/58AF595A-F319-4AA4-9D41-C9D5CFA3376E_zps5fcekgls.jpg~original

My grandfather passed away and we found a couple guns in the basement that my grandmother didnt know he had.

1952 H&R Topper M48 12ga - shoots but currently having ejection problems (broke the whole thing down and relubed and still no go. )

19** Hamilton No 27 22cal - missing the breech block handle and dont have any 22short laying around so havent shot it yet. Havent broken it down yet to clean it real well.b07283f62fe12220d56509f7456463c8.jpg37247c34215c29becceb0fa2390fe612.jpg9613f9ec83efeb8b250690e6ade8da07.jpg

My grandfather passed away and we found a couple guns in the basement that my grandmother didnt know he had.

1952 H&R Topper M48 12ga - shoots but currently having ejection problems (broke the whole thing down and relubed and still no go. )

19** Hamilton No 27 22cal - missing the breech block handle and dont have any 22short laying around so havent shot it yet. Havent broken it down yet to clean it real well.b07283f62fe12220d56509f7456463c8.jpg37247c34215c29becceb0fa2390fe612.jpg9613f9ec83efeb8b250690e6ade8da07.jpg

Update: looks like the topper just doesnt like Winchester shells. Grabbed some Federal and it shot like a champ. Got to shoot some clays yesterday with a buddy. He had a Remington 11-48 semi-auto which the whole barrel recoils. I have never seen a semi-auto like that.

Stupid is as stupid does. So a </= five-yo can't, but a six-yo+ can?

Foolish argument is foolish. It would appear that it's poorly-argued rhetoric to levy more manufacture's production costs into guns, in hopes of reducing gun purchase/ownership.

And the grandfather clause is...?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Any idea why?

Norm

LOL no clue and since they weren't open Monday they didn't receive the package yet. I'm used to breaking guns so it's not that big a deal. Goes to show you should never rely on 1 handgun when someone says they only need one to serve multiple applications.

Goes to show you should never rely on 1 handgun when someone says they only need one to serve multiple applications.

I think you're confusing simplicity with redundancy.

Most people don't train enough to be competent with one weapon system, much less multiple systems... thus the 'one gun' advice. Redundancy (one is none, two is one) is a seperate concept, and one that can be applied to the 'one gun' paradigm.

I'm sort of wondering if that particular breakage might be from when the slide stop is removed and replaced for cleaning and there's a little too much friction somewhere. And what you might do to mitigate that. I don't see as much happening force-wise when the slide stop operates on firing the last round or when the slide is released.

Norm

Most people don't train enough to be competent with one weapon system, much less multiple systems... thus the 'one gun' advice. Redundancy (one is none, two is one) is a seperate concept, and one that can be applied to the 'one gun' paradigm.

Well in this case, my EDC is gone and if that was my only gun then I'd be gun less until it came back. So far it was received but no emails or calls yet.

Yup. I realized that wisdom, early-on. There was just no way I was going to be able to train to the skill level I felt I needed as a baseline, if I had different platforms to try to become decent with and then maintain proficiency.....

My EDC gun is a carbon-copy (except for cosmetics) of my main concealed training gun, which is just a smaller version of my main range/OWB training gun, which is a carbon copy of my HD gun.

My ARs are set up identically (my current range/training beater has a LPVO, and is a "proof-of-concept" for me, but fire-control and rail/light are all virtually identical), too.

There's only so much I can do, not being a "professional gunman." Trying to set myself up for best-odds, in the unthinkable. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Well, my in person interview with the local police department is on Friday morning. From there I have my appointment for my Live Scan (fingerprinting). Fingers crossed my "good cause" holds up and I am issued a CCW permit. I did find a way to "fast track" my application so that the process may only take 4-5 months. It will cost me dearly, but having an FBI background check on file may finally pay off for something more than getting me instant access to military bases for work related trips. Thanks again to my uncle for acquiring top secret security clearance years ago!

"grab a shovel make u b good digga"???

I am my own prison warden, LOL. I own my own business and make my own hours, so that means I work 80-100 hours most weeks. 14 -16 hour days, 6-7 days a week for almost 7 years straight now.

But... every now and then I get to venture out of my cave and put holes in paper at the range.

Someday, I hope to actually take a break. But, I gots me some bills to pay for now.

Maybe if you didn't pay Kommiefornia's ridiculous business and income tax you could work less.

Agreed. I would probably be able to hire another employee and unload some of the work too. Funny thought, no... decrease my tax burden and I could afford to hire another employee and put second tax paying AMERICAN to work. Dont get me started on Brown. I almost had to buy a new TV today after watching the news last night. Cant remember dropping that many consecutive f-bombs, ever.

Leaving for my appointment in 26 minutes.

Interview and Live Scan complete. Next up is a 8 hour firearms course. 4 hours of instruction on the legal ramifications of concealed carry and 4 hours of range instruction. Then a 6 hour, 650 question psych eval. One level below what all prospective officers must pass. After that it is a neighborhood inspection/interview. Then the Sheriff gets the final say.