LegacyGT.com

Best way to clean the carpet

Living on a dirt road gets my interior floors pretty dirty, and vacuuming only does so much for ivory carpet. I have the official Subaru all weather floor mats in, which helps a lot.

My question is this: what is the best way to deep clean these carpets? I don't want moisture to get underneath and rot out my floor, and I'd like to restore the color to as close to original as possible. Am I safe to use a regular carpet cleaner machine like I would in the house (would use hand attachment)?

Thanks in advance guys!

may want to keep an eye out for a sale on weathertech or husky floor liners. traps a LOT more dirt because it has edges that run up the sides of the mat. Kept a lot of snowy (salty) slush off the carpet when I lived in Ohio. I have weathertech mats in two of our cars now and really like them. Best way to clean the carpet is to keep them from getting as dirty in the first place.

as for cleaning, I've always done it before it gets too bad, so I'm not sure on the real heavy/nasty stuff. I haven't encountered anything that "Tuff Stuff" and a terry towel isn't able to clean out - stains included.

I 2nd weathertechs in Ohio weather, they helped me out in the DD (Pic Below). I have the OEM all weathers in the Legacy and still got salt stains at the edges where the mats terminate.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/44996627-F377-4184-8CA8-40CABFBD2438_zpslumlsbh5.jpg~original

Archived