LegacyGT.com

want new metal pedals

That width looks about perfect to be able to "heal toe" even though it would be more so the inside/outside version.

I can basically already do the inside outside / version without the pedals. I need just a little more space to make it perfect. This is just slightly too close for my preference (which doesn't involve me adjusting the way I drive).

If I move my foot over and brake with the center of my foot instead of the ball, this set-up would be perfect. I don't want to move my foot that much :D

I can basically already do the inside outside version without the pedals. So, this moves it just a little too far over for me.

If I move my foot over and brake with the center of my foot instead of the ball, this set-up would be perfect. I don't want to move my foot that much :D

For me it depends which shoes I'm wearing. My Nike running shoes are really wide on the sole at that part of my foot so its easy to rock side to side. My Sperry's are narrower and I can't do the rock method as easily. I can't wait till my brother finishes his BMW 2002 project. Floor hinged pedals would make heal toe a breeze!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

For me it depends which shoes I'm wearing. My Nike running shoes are really wide on the sole at that part of my foot so its easy to rock side to side. My Sperry's are narrower and I can't do the rock method as easily. I can't wait till my brother finishes his BMW 2002 project. Floor hinged pedals would make heal toe a breeze!

oh for sure. These are one of my narrower shoes (dress shoes are the narrowest and I have slipped off the brake in them before). It's alright what's 4 more holes?

Measure twice, cut twice, remeasure, cut again.

http://i.imgur.com/ZF5Fk9D.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, moved the pedal over about as far as it could go to the right. For my 10.5 / D/E width feet it's now perfect. It rained a bunch and the grip was better than stock. Not like night and day, but better.

I am still calling these mostly a visual upgrade (for me), but they do have some performance benefits (especially if you have smaller feet)

• 2 months later...
Update, moved the pedal over about as far as it could go to the right. For my 10.5 / D/E width feet it's now perfect. It rained a bunch and the grip was better than stock. Not like night and day, but better.

I am still calling these mostly a visual upgrade (for me), but they do have some performance benefits (especially if you have smaller feet)

forgot i had this thread going.

have you tested with wet conditions? Just as grippy as the stock rubber?

forgot i had this thread going.

have you tested with wet conditions? Just as grippy as the stock rubber?

Grippier than stock rubber. Holds my shoe better when heel/toeing. I think a lot of that is because I don't have to reach as far so I can have more foot on the brake. Plus, the metal bits don't get as slippery in the wet.

They are a bling thing! If you wear leather sole shoes or boots the aluminum pedals can be slippery. I have never had that complaint with stock rubber pedal covers. If you like the looks, OK I guess.

Archived