LegacyGT.com

Has anyone used this GROM Audio Device?

Hey guys. Just curious if anyone has used this Grom Audio USB3 that allows you to play music through your bluetooth? I am wanting to buy it but I want to make sure the sound quality is as good as simply using a CD. I had an aux installed in my 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited and they ran it through a radio station so the music was always a little static. I don't want that to be the case with the device but I want to be able to play my own music.

Any reviews?

http://www.dsound-shop.com/Audio-and-Video-for-Vehicles/audio-interfaces-for-original-car-stereo/grom-audio-usb3-usb-android-aux-ipod-bluetooth-audio-interface

I use the slightly older model grom ipd3 for bluetooth on my 07 and I think it sounds great. Here's a quick video using my Nexus tablet with the grom BT unit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfunO9MTLwI]Legacy GT Nexus 7 in dash tablet demo - YouTube[/ame]

Tried auxillary through the radio, and couldn't get rid of static. Even after grounding straight to frame... Ended up going with a parrot unit with usb input and other bells and whistles. Works flawlessly, and the have a harness that direct connects without any splicing

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tried auxillary through the radio, and couldn't get rid of static. Even after grounding straight to frame... Ended up going with a parrot unit with usb input and other bells and whistles. Works flawlessly, and the have a harness that direct connects without any splicing

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Could you possibly send me the links to any of the stuff you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm new to the forum.

Signed up as I'm having trouble with the Grom USB3 in my JDM Legacy 03.

I've got the Kenwood GX-201JE. Grom is brand new. Seems to work with ipod/iphones but not on Android.

Anyone else here using Android (5 or 6) with one of these via usb audio?

Apparently it "should work". For me, the audio track jumps forward (like you're holding down the >> button (like playback at 10x speed)) but no sound at all.

I've opened a case with Grom support who are starting to blame the phone. They gave me newer firmware but no joy there either.

Hoping someone else has had/or having these issues. Maybe I bought a dud.

Thanks

have you thought about getting the aux adapter for the cd player that is sold here on the forums? I picked one up last week and had it installed in no more then a hour. Its super clear and would be even better if I had a ground loop isolator. It's fairly cheap too at only $63 USD.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/plug-n-play-aux-mod-2005-6cd-radios-18504.html

Archived