LegacyGT.com

Instrument and Climate Control Bulbs

97 Legacy Outback Wagon. I have the instrument and climate control apart and the bulbs are in my hand. The instrument cluster bulbs have a blue plastic/rubber sleeve over them which makes the 158 bulbs at autozone useless. They also laughed at me when I showed them the climate control bulbs. Where does a person find them and do you happen to have part numbers?

I've never been able to find aftermarket replacements for the HVAC but I just did an LED conversion on my HVAC and I kept the working old ones, you can have them just to save you the time for having to hunt them down

Also the instrument panel are 168/194 sized bulbs, there are like 5 different numbers but the only difference is the wattage. I wanna say its 158,159,168,194 bulbs. The brightest are 168 if memory serves

After 2 hours of googling I found the replacement bulbs.

For the instrument cluster they are Subaru Part # 85068AE070

For the Climate Control Panel you need 72351AC051 x1 and 72351AC061 x2

That is about $20 worth of bulbs on the local dealers web site. It's 4:00 am right now so I'll find out in a few hours if they have them in stock or if I will be paying shipping on top of that.

After 2 hours of googling I found the replacement bulbs.

For the instrument cluster they are Subaru Part # 85068AE070

For the Climate Control Panel you need 72351AC051 x1 and 72351AC061 x2

That is about $20 worth of bulbs on the local dealers web site. It's 4:00 am right now so I'll find out in a few hours if they have them in stock or if I will be paying shipping on top of that.

The Instrument panel ones just pop into the sockets so you don't have you get the dealer ones, I wouldn't think twice about using aftermarket ones, but the HVAC bulbs are another story though since the twist base is part of the bulb assembly.

The Instrument panel ones just pop into the sockets so you don't have you get the dealer ones, I wouldn't think twice about using aftermarket ones, but the HVAC bulbs are another story though since the twist base is part of the bulb assembly.

I do if I want the cool little blue plastic coating on the bulbs.

I went to my local electronic shop with a burnt out HVAC bulb and they sold me a bunch of these. Getting the little "condoms" on them was a bit fiddly. Also used them on the dashboard, though you have to fiddle them on those little plastic twist bases. The bulbs have been working just fine for a couple of years now.

97 Legacy Outback Wagon. I have the instrument and climate control apart and the bulbs are in my hand. The instrument cluster bulbs have a blue plastic/rubber sleeve over them which makes the 158 bulbs at autozone useless. They also laughed at me when I showed them the climate control bulbs. Where does a person find them and do you happen to have part numbers?

Here is a pretty good link on here to a DIY on this topic

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3639115&postcount=26

Archived