LegacyGT.com

Carbon Fiber Exterior Parts

Are there any carbon fiber parts on the market for our cars? Like hoods, scooped hoods, vented hoods, trunk lids, and other exterior parts? I'm looking into reducing the weight of my small boat and pushing more cool air through the engine bay. (N/a 2010)

I was also wondering about air suspension kits for our models, because my car is in DESPERATE need of new suspension. The roads of Kansas have absolutely destroyed my suspension. I can't even drive in a straight line without the car bouncing, or turn without it hopping. I'm looking at gecko racing coilovers because they offer the most for your dollar, but I'm a little skeptical of their long term use and having them not fall apart within the first 3 years.

There's definitely one or two people around here who have (or had) air suspensions. If you do some searching, I'm sure you can see what hoops they jumped through.

As for "pushing more cool air through the engine bay", I don't think a hood scoop is the ideal way to accomplish that. In addition to air, you'll also push leaves, seeds, twigs, trash, and possibly animals through that hood scoop as well. With a TMIC, all that stuff will just sit on the the intercooler itself and it's trivial to pick that stuff out. But on a N/A vehicle, that stuff will enter the engine bay proper and go wherever it pleases. But people have certainly done that, and it's your car, so... *shrugs*

There's definitely one or two people around here who have (or had) air suspensions. If you do some searching, I'm sure you can see what hoops they jumped through.

As for "pushing more cool air through the engine bay", I don't think a hood scoop is the ideal way to accomplish that. In addition to air, you'll also push leaves, seeds, twigs, trash, and possibly animals through that hood scoop as well. With a TMIC, all that stuff will just sit on the the intercooler itself and it's trivial to pick that stuff out. But on a N/A vehicle, that stuff will enter the engine bay proper and go wherever it pleases. But people have certainly done that, and it's your car, so... *shrugs*

No, I actually want a vented hood. I don't like hood scoops.. But I've seen a few vented hoods on different makes and models to know that I want one. It's only purpose would be to pull heat from the engine bay, I just wanted to know if there were carbon fiber body panels/parts for our cars.

Archived