LegacyGT.com

Prepping for Subaru Shootout 2k16

So, as I'm in the midst of prepping my car for the car show, I'd love to hear some inexpensive ideas. I've got 3 cans of black plastidip (Using it to hide a couple things haha), a can of primer, 2 cans of white enamel paint, and 2 cans of high gloss paint.

I started repainting some of the things on my car last night and to my surprise, it did NOT work out. So this weekend I'm going to retry repainting the white, and the black on the front end of the car. (It all peeled as I tried putting it back on. I thought it was dry because my hands could run across it without catching, and as I was popping things back into place my hands stuck to it and ripped the paint right off.)

Anyways, the SUHBARU is in pretty piss poor condition due to the previous 3 owners treating it like crap. I've replaced a lot of things, but it's extremely expensive to replace the rear and front fascias, both front fenderliners, the grille, the sideskirts, and get things repainted. The entire car needs repainted. I'm about 100% positive the previous owner did not give a flying f*ck about the car and just let it rot. I've got chips down to metal everywhere, weird dents that look they were caused by hail that flew at the far at like 90mph, and some really really bad paint touch ups. I've been working really hard to try to get it back to it's original glory but it's just too expensive. I'm looking at nearly 12k to fix everything and repaint the entire car. And that's with my discount from being a technician for subaru! I wouldn't have the dealership repaint because I've seen their work and leaves MUCH to be desired.

For what I'm pretty sure is the first time in this car's life, I'm going to be doing a full detail (vacuum, shampoo, polish, wash the interior with the proper cleaners, high power wash, clay bar, and wax/polish.) and honestly, I'm a little terrified I'm going to find more problems haha. Every time I go to work on my car I find a new problem. Hopefully all goes well.....

Sidenote: for my most recent ideas with the black plastidip, I'm looking to add two stripes to both fenders, (similar to what you see on corvettes), painting the middle of the lower part of the bumper (it's destroyed by rock chips and the previous owner's BOTCHED attempt at repairing a crack), and also maybe doing two angular stripes along the hood. (If I can find the picture of what my buddy did to his outback, I'll upload it in an edit for reference).

So, any HELPFUL ideas are GREATLY appreciated.

Archived