LegacyGT.com

Boost leak vs leaking bpv or turbo issue.

After installing my Nameless down pipe I have been trying to hunt down either a boost leak or some other issue. I am maxing out around 15 psi on a 17.5 target boost.

What kind of data will show up in data logs that would point to one or the other issues above. What tests can I do besides a leak test, which I already plan on doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I assume the car is tuned for the DP ?

If the air temp is hotter then when the tune was done, won't the ECU compensate by adjusting if the temp and other things have changed by reducing power to save the engine ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I am on the cobb ots tune. I would assume the boost target would change then, and it is staying at 17.5 psi.

This issue has been since install. I have tried the hwg and lwg maps with no change. Fwiw, every other install with this dp has had issues with over boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Max, we got him setup on a GS ebcs and will etune when installed. If there's any issues Mike is good at identifying problem area's if it is something mechanically wrong.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived