LegacyGT.com

Energy Suspension Control Arm Bushings?

JWD06OBXT

Any one have any thoughts on these? http://moddiction.com/energy-suspension/energy-suspension-control-arm-bushing-set/193102r/i-1975745.aspx My rear control arm bushings are blown out and ripped. Can't decide if I wanna spend the extra $50 for Whiteline or Avo bushings or if these will suffice.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

[url=http://moddiction.com/energy-suspension/energy-suspension-control-arm-bushing-set/193102r/i-1975745.aspx][/url]

Which bushings on your car need to be replaced? I can't really tell from that link which bushings those are specifically.

Are you talking about the rear bushing on the front control arm, or one of the bushings in the rear of the car?

I've always been very satisfied by WL products.

Which bushings on your car need to be replaced? I can't really tell from that link which bushings those are specifically.

Are you talking about the rear bushing on the front control arm, or one of the bushings in the rear of the car?

I've always been very satisfied by WL products.

The kit comes with the Inner bushing and the Lower Rear Ones. Needing to replace the rears as they are toast. But might as well do them both if the kit comes with them.

That kit is everything for the front control arms. Looks like a great deal.

I have Energy sway bar bushings and really like them. Haven't tried these, but be prepared for some NHV.

Yeah I will be buying the sway bar bushing with this kit most likely. Good to hear to like them. And as for NVH I currently have a Perrin pitch stop mount, Rallitek 5eat Hard Insert, and Whiteline KDT905 & KDT927 so I'm plenty use to it by now bahaha :lol:

To be honest, it's best to have both. :cool:

This way you can easily get the ideal 7 degrees of positive caster, and because the WL bushings are adjustable you can dial them in precisely to get your cross caster to 0. This is the way my car is setup, albeit with the GTWorx camber plates, which have positive caster built in like the WL com-c hats do.

Another alternative is Prothane 16303 ~$40, they seem pretty firm though. I'm retrofitting a pair into my 2012 Outback as we speak, we'll see how much NVH increases.

I have Whiteline's caster adjustable rearward bushings on my 05 LGT and I'm pretty happy with them. AVO ones are pretty good too, I was planning on buying a set for the 2012, but they are all out of stock.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Another alternative is Prothane 16303 ~$40, they seem pretty firm though. I'm retrofitting a pair into my 2012 Outback as we speak, we'll see how much NVH increases.

I have Whiteline's caster adjustable rearward bushings on my 05 LGT and I'm pretty happy with them. AVO ones are pretty good too, I was planning on buying a set for the 2012, but they are all out of stock.

Thank you for the info. Im not worried about them being to firm, my OBXT already has a lot of NVH. I have heard good things about the AVO and Whiteline parts but don't really wanna drop the extra $50 for those brands. Prothane and Energy seem to be the direction I will be taking. Its so strange though all the parts website don't list the Prothane or Energy Suspension parts as fitting the Outback chassis, yet the Whiteline and Avo part # is the same for both models. :lol:

I will say Whiteline and Superpro bushings (never tried AVO so can't comment) are really high quality, all 3 of them have metal sleeves, which makes pressing them real easy with a press and they wont rotate at all. ES and Prothanes are sleeveless and are held in place by oversized bushing lips. I had a pita of a time getting mine pressed in today, it just kept on sliding off with my press, and that's with prothanes that have an awesome starter lip (most sleeveless bushings don't).

Besides those points sleeved bushings can be caster adjustable, which is good (more caster is a good thing for dynamic camber gain). I haven't seen sleeveless caster ones yet.

Weather or not it's $50-70 worth for all that is up to you, I went with cheapest option since I would be retrofitting into non-compatible 2010+. Your OB is a 2006, so any 05-09 Legacy bushings should be a direct fit too.

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 weeks later...
I will say Whiteline and Superpro bushings (never tried AVO so can't comment) are really high quality, all 3 of them have metal sleeves, which makes pressing them real easy with a press and they wont rotate at all. ES and Prothanes are sleeveless and are held in place by oversized bushing lips. I had a pita of a time getting mine pressed in today, it just kept on sliding off with my press, and that's with prothanes that have an awesome starter lip (most sleeveless bushings don't).

Besides those points sleeved bushings can be caster adjustable, which is good (more caster is a good thing for dynamic camber gain). I haven't seen sleeveless caster ones yet.

Weather or not it's $50-70 worth for all that is up to you, I went with cheapest option since I would be retrofitting into non-compatible 2010+. Your OB is a 2006, so any 05-09 Legacy bushings should be a direct fit too.

You where not kidding with how much of PITA the install was. The starter lip these bushings have hardly helped at all. The bushing was bulging and all sorts of weird when pressing it into the control arm. it eventually slipped in but those enlarged bushing seat had me worries they where not gonna fit.

You haven't tried pressing in similar bushings without the starter lip, ends up sliding everywhere and is so much more painful. Plus starter lip doubles as a 3mm anti-lift reduction :).

Now keep in mind the reason I had a painful time installing mine is, it was going into the 2012's taller arms, which was a pita too. To the point that they kind of deflected up until I inserted the inner sleeve.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/12%20OBP/Suspension/LCA%20-%20Front/Prothane%2016-303/Prothane_16-303_010.jpg~original

The lips are barely sticking out haha, I might have to go back and just cut the bushing in half.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/12%20OBP/Suspension/LCA%20-%20Front/Prothane%2016-303/Prothane_16-303_011.jpg~original

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 weeks later...

Archived