LegacyGT.com

What to do about wet interior

The drivers side window was left open a small amount durring some heavy rain this morning, and now the drivers side is soaked.

So what is the next step... Just put a ton of towels in there and hope that it drys out? Becuase it is still raining we can't open it up and let it air out.

Is thier a best way to take care of it so that it won't always have that musty smell to it? Or should we go get the febreze ready now?

try taking it to a car wash where this is a wet dry vac. try to vac up as much of the water in the carpet as possible. You may also want to take it to your local detailer and ask them take care of it for you.

On a saturn sc2 I owned I left the windows and sunroof open during a heavy rainstorm over night. that morning I took it to a detailer and had them vacuum out and treat the cloth. they had to keep it for the day with blowers on it. I was pretty happy with the results. I owned the car another year, and you would've never known that the interior had been soaked by rain.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest *Jedimaster*
+1 on the wet vac. There's also a product that takes moisture out of an interior, but I don't remember what the name of it is- maybe Google it.

If you can use a wet vac to exctract most of the water then that will be good. You can also rent one of those very large floor fans from Home Despot and use that to dry the carpets out. You need to get them dry quick though so you don't get that nasty mildew smell. You've got the cold temperature going for you at least, but that doesn't help the carpets dry out any faster. I would get a fan on it and get them dryed out as soon as you can.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

thanks for the tips guys...

I think that my fiance was able to catch it before it got too wet, so we might be able to get away with just opening it up and putting a fan on it. I'm going to try and locate a wetvac just in case though.

To add to the silica comments: Go by a packet or two of 'dry z air', place it on a towel or something (probably don't want to put it directly on the carpet) and close up the windows for a few days, cheaper than buying 1000 packs of beef jerky just for the silica packets.

Archived