LegacyGT.com

Which Fuel pump to go with?

Avoid DW, especially the 65c.

Get a AEM 320lph

-Brian

Yup. Just a heads up though, I have seen a couple of DW300 pumps fail in about a year of use. Don't know if that's a trend but it's something to look out for. Regular Walbro 342 works in this application but damn there are so many fakes out there now.

I had a DW300 for a couple of years. IAG has also had failures with DW pumps so they replaced it with a Walbro.

• 11 months later...
I'm gonna be converting to E85 when the parts arrive, only a few days on the CA 91 and I cant take it. I bought the ID1050X injectors and the AEM 50-1200 pump. Has anyone successfully used this pump yet ? Also what spark plugs and gap are you guys using on E85 ? Thanks

I'm gonna be converting to E85 when the parts arrive, only a few days on the CA 91 and I cant take it. I bought the ID1050X injectors and the AEM 50-1200 pump. Has anyone successfully used this pump yet ? Also what spark plugs and gap are you guys using on E85 ? Thanks
For plug gap, follow your tuner's recommendation.

I appreciate the help guys. I was told to use the OEM plugs at the power level im gonna be at, and gap them at .028 I bought the AEM pump and the ID 1050X injectors, those will be here Friday I believe. I plan on changing the parts over the weekend then start the tuning process hopefully next week. I will post whether the pump drops right in or what I need to do to modify. Im not going for big power, just dont wanna deal with our CA 91 fuel and the knock im seeing, E85 is easy to get for me and I use i in my Ecoboost Mustang, so its always on hand.

I had to modify just a few small things for the AEM pump, its taller, and the pickup does not seal to the pump so I used an O Ring to seal it as its being pushed up against it with the spring on the bottom of the pick up. The pump being taller I used safety wire as it would not clip. After I did those modifications it dropped right in.

P1080112.thumb.JPG.15dc5b0aa16fba92b2ae77b2bbe13cfc.JPG

P1080114.thumb.JPG.2a8863e9f67a2261d5d5ce7860c2f525.JPG

P1080116.thumb.JPG.220c3d432a46c77dc3a1e1b119be31ca.JPG

P1080118.thumb.JPG.5dd6bda6012132d6d1380296e05533db.JPG

P1080120.thumb.JPG.c7bec12954d2291e21e3aa4a578c8905.JPG

Just curious, why avoid the DW65c-- bad personal experiences, don't like the brand, or?
Im on my 3rd dw65c pump in 3 years and will get an aem or walbro by next week. (08 lgt)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 weeks later...
All went well with the car, the AEM pump is working great. Today it was tuned and made 293 hp and 330 TQ. It was really hard to tell the tuner to not give me an overly aggressive tune, I have to keep telling myself its not my race car and I don't wanna break it. So the AEM pump is a go FYI, works great.

• 1 year later...

Just got done installing an AEM 50-1215 fuel pump. You'll notice that's not the same part number as above. I ordered the wrong one, but decided to see if it would work. It does, I only had to remove two plastic clips so that it would clear. Once I did that it's the same length as OEM so it snapped right in.

Drove to the gas station and filled up, everything seems to work perfectly. I can kind of hear the pump on startup. If that gets to bother me, I may stuff a foam pad down between the tank and the panel.

Archived