LegacyGT.com

Exhaustive Detail on Winter Tires?

NoblePrawn

In the spirit of beating all horses as dead as possible... What have we got in dedicated winter/snow tires in the stock size. All I see at tirerack is the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 (Winter). Is that really the limit of 215/45-17 snow tires? -NP

I'm getting Dunlop Winter Sport M3s. 1010tires has them in the stock size. I'm sure Tirerack can get them if you ask. The M3 was cosumer report best buy for winter tires last year. Have a friend using them on his EVO and no complaints yet.

Brand Model Speed Rating Price (CDN) Price (USD)* Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 H $239.00 $177.00 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 Q $191.00 $141.00 Dunlop Graspic DS-1 Q $144.00 $107.00 Pirelli Winter 240 Snowsport V $252.00 $187.00 Pirelli Winter Ice Sport Q $225.00 $167.00 Toyo Garit HT H $235.00 $174.00 Toyo Snowprox S950 H $236.00 $175.00 Yokohama AVS Winter V901 H $230.00 $170.00 I copied and pasted this from a 215/45/17 search on [url]www.talontire.com[/url]. I just bought Goodyear F1s for my GT from Talon and was VERY satisfied with the experience. They are in Canada though so it might not help those south of the border much...not sure what shipping, duty, etc. is to the USA. Oh, and I had Pirelli 240 Snowsports on my WRX and they were excellent. Tom

I REALLY liked my Nokian WRs last winter, they come in 215/45R17. Also they have an XL sidewall rating, so they are a lot stiffer than others. I found that they performed excellent in snow, excellent in water, and good on dry(very little sidewall flex, but the tall tread means less ultimate grip), even putting them into 4 wheel drifts (in the dry) on a WWD car. The road noise was a little higher than normal, but acceptable and less than other snows I had heard. All in all, much better than straight snow tires across the board, especially in non-snow conditions. Ted Also, if you look around a little, they usually perform better in snow than many dedicated snows.
:spin:

Archived