LegacyGT.com

Review: Bilstein BTS5056J / BTS5058J Suspension

Well, my car is still on jackstands :mad:

I bought this stuff almost a year ago and have yet to enjoy the ride :(. Hopefully, I'll put everything back on the car within the next two weeks or so. But note that I will be using the rallitek overload rear springs and my rear shocks have also been revalved.

Install went well, the rear strut install fought me tooth and nail but I finally came out on top. A little map gas and a big impact go a long way. Car overall rides exactly how it should have from the factory. I'm very happy with it, however I also found that at least 1 ball joint is bad so Ill have to replace those and then get it aligned. If you are on the fence, i understand its some serious $$$, however the car is finally nice to drive. Install took me the better part of 4.5 hours, alot of that was me fighting with the rear end. I assembled one and then realized i forgot the boot. Then I got them both in the car and realized I didn't use the rubber spring seat. O well, its done and I look forward to driving it more.

• 9 months later...

funnyman06 - Glad you like the Bilstein BTS Kit outcome. Having been ground zero on this enhancement I must say the newfound BTS suspension continues to suit the Outback XT well; current mileage is 100,000 mi. plus,,, with the initial BTS install at 50,000 mi. IIRC.

Edit Car overall rides exactly how it should have from the factory. I'm very happy with it, Edit

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

• 5 months later...

Have a set of used 5056 on the way. I was going to have the rear revalved to Rallitek overload sprongs because bstein is local to me.

Are there options for stiffer front springs? Would these work?

https://www.rallitek.com/oe-height-springs/9409-rallitek-0-front-springs-outback-2005-2009.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAkrTjBRAoEiwAXpf9CUDqgLA0Unbrkjb1EmhqmxzkdQ8h0AtwpVr780g9F4Q44sDND_n32hoCSA0QAvD_BwE

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Archived