LegacyGT.com

Headlamp bottom screw tab broken

jsmythe

I was trying to adjust the headlight aim and discovered the headlamp assembly loose, swiveling up and down freely. The dealer said the bottom tab is broken and so is the bumper bracket to which it's attached. I have found some diagrams and pictures of bumper disassembly but cannot find the bracket. Anyone know which one it is? I'm trying to source one on ebay...

I doubt the bracket is broken, it's made of metal and pretty sturdy, unless you had a front end collison and broke it that way. If anything is broken, it's likely the tab that attaches the headlight to the bracket, it's pretty flimsy.

But if you need the part number, for the left bracket: 57707AG22A and the right bracket: 57707AG21A

I doubt the bracket is broken, it's made of metal and pretty sturdy, unless you had a front end collison and broke it that way. If anything is broken, it's likely the tab that attaches the headlight to the bracket, it's pretty flimsy.

But if you need the part number, for the left bracket: 57707AG22A and the right bracket: 57707AG21A

Ahhh,thank you. The dealer wrote it up that the tab was broken and the bracket would have to be replaced - at an estimated cost of $650! Also said that if it wasn't bothering me I could leave it alone. Anyway, I discovered that the aiming screw was still operable and was able to aim it. Good to have the info, thanks!

Archived