LegacyGT.com

Cutouts

evilkowz

I was thinking about getting a electric cutout installed in place of the resonator. I just did my downpipe this could be a fun way to get a bit more performance and noise when I want it, and keep it quiet for the long family trips. Not to mention it would be much cheaper than a catback system. Anybody have experience or suggestions with doing this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about in the factory catback?

I wouldn't recommend getting rid of the resonator.

I have a 3" catted DP into 3" Perrin mid & Y into the stock mufflers. My cutout is exactly in the middle of the Y pipe where it splits. Works great in that spot and is still very quiet when it's closed.

Performance gains will be none, it's strictly for the noise.

Yes the Factory cat back.

Really, none. That's surprising given how small the tubing gets back there. You'd think a modest 5-10hp difference when you eliminate the mufflers and 2" piping. Also wondering why your wouldn't get rid of the resonator? Isn't that pretty restrictive and also a location where the tubing gets smaller?

Factory cat back is really not hold back any power for a lot of people. Like the factory intake unless your making decent power your doing it mostly for the sound. I'd prefer a resonator as the exhaust can get kind of raspy. When I redo my exhaust I will be adding a resonator to eliminate some of the raspy exhaust note.

Archived