24mm Front Sway Bar Installed!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.

EDIT: Actually, no, nevermind. The sway bar sits on top of the subframe, correct? Not under it, therefore it will be less likely to clack against the subframe if you lower the car.

That's what I was figuring, hopefully it cures the noise.

Also, the clacking is very infrequent.

I'm thinking the clicking is from the bushings.. Not enough meat and the bar is hitting hte brackets at times. Time will tell, if you start to see a lot of nicks and scratches on the sway bar near the bushings. And those end links look super close to your tie rods.. Don't know if the end link could be tapping the sway bar at times.

I'm thinking the clicking is from the bushings.. Not enough meat and the bar is hitting hte brackets at times. Time will tell, if you start to see a lot of nicks and scratches on the sway bar near the bushings. And those end links look super close to your tie rods.. Don't know if the end link could be tapping the sway bar at times.

How would the end link tap the sway bar?

Also, the end link and sway bar dont come into contact with the tie rod. Maybe under serious bumps, but even under heavy load (my fat cousin) they do not come close enough to each other.

Anyone here know anyone with an STI/WRX with an aftermarket front bar?

Would be nice to have them check the length of the bar on the straight middle piece from left angle to right angle (going across the whole length of the middle) on both the front and back of it, just to get an idea of how it fits with our stock bar.

Dr. Photo, could you post a pic of the stock front sway bar and take a few measurements? Like overall width, end link mount to end link mount, and distance from the main shaft out to the end link mount?

http://www.challengepromotions.com/Wills/bar.jpg

Edited by Opie

Just wondering if a 25mm Tribecca front swaybar would work on our cars. I know it was discussed as an upgrade for the gen4 2.5NA.

Then, the gen4 legacy bars would fit. I'd think that would've been worked out already if that were the case. Gen4 was a long time ago, surely there are aftermarket bars.

Just got this back from Hotchkis....:(

Hotchkis Sales

Today 5:34 PM

Hotchkis Sales (sales@hotchkis.net)

Hi Will,

We haven’t had a newer Subaru in the shop to take measurements or dimensions. We probably don’t have any plans for a Legacy specific bar, unless one from a WRX carries over.

Thank you,

Jon Rasmussen

Account Executive

How would the end link tap the sway bar?

Also, the end link and sway bar dont come into contact with the tie rod. Maybe under serious bumps, but even under heavy load (my fat cousin) they do not come close enough to each other.

I don't think the end link is tapping the sway bar, since the end link is connected to the sway bar.

I think end link might be tapping tie rod

or

sway bar tapping sway bar bushing bracket

*I just realized I made a mistake in my initial post, and understand why you said that. I meant to say end link tapping the tie rod, not sway bar.

Edited by apexi

So I'm driving in NYC, and as I go over deep manholes there is no click or clank. Only a single tire is going over. But when I go over the bumpy even roads of the Bronx, I hear the clicking. So over shallow depressions the click is there and over deep depressions the click is nowhere to be heard.

Any insight?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

It doesn't fit your car. I don't know what you want to get out of posting here. There isn't going to be a fix for it. If you want to know what's going on, wrap it with a fragile masking tape and drive it for a while, then inspect it for damage to the tape. But, once you know, you will STILL have a bar that doesn't fit. The problem has but one solution, uninstall the bar that doesn't belong on your car.

What do I want? To try and benefit the community with a new mod. Take your sourpuss attitude and get in the backseat, if you can't benefit the people trying to drive this community forward.

I'm trying to rule out everything before I just say nope, it doesn't work. But when I do, sure as hell I'll try another bar, and try all options on that one too.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk