LegacyGT.com

Are They Building GTs Yet?

Earlier post said SOA factory was shutting down for updates/maint and would be back online in a few weeks. Is factory working again building GTs? I am waiting for production line to settle in before ordering. Hoping they get bugs worked out. Hope to order in late September or early Oct.

[quote name='MtnSub']Hoping they get bugs worked out[/quote] Bugs? What bugs?? :wink: I was told by my dealer that if I wanted to order (last week), that I would have to wait until September if not October.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

When I talked to my dealer to order my car, the reason for that is that no matter when you order in the month, all orders get processed on the first of the month. From the time the order goes in, it takes about 4 weeks. Which means that if you order the 2nd week of July, or the 3rd week, or the 4th week, they all get processed the first week of August. And then another 4-6 weeks or so, and you're looking in the September time range. Miss that processing date, and you're out another month. So realistically speaking, it takes from 4-8 weeks for delivery once you order... I ordered July 16, and I'm still waiting. 4 1/2 more weeks I'm hoping... Unless the dealer gets a shipment with the car I want... :D

As always, this site delivers great info. Thanks for info about all orders are processed first of month. I always buy cars the last week of month because dealers will make great deals to boost their month end sales numbers. You just cannot trust most dealers. Dealer near my Los Angeles office told me dealers cannot order cars from Subaru, they just draw from regional inventory to find your spec car. Dealer 40 miles away tells me they must order my car and it will take 6-8 weeks. Ontario and Irvine Calif. Subaru seem to know what they are talking about and actually have some interest in their product, but other dealers are brain dead or just not interested. I called Van Nuys dealer about Subaru GT/Ltd MT and he tried to switch me to a Hemi Dodge(dog) wagon. I understand selling what you have on the lot, but holly cow, Hemi beast steel sled and Leg GT are on in different Universe.

[quote name='MtnSub'] You just cannot trust most dealers. Dealer near my Los Angeles office told me dealers cannot order cars from Subaru, they just draw from regional inventory to find your spec car. Dealer 40 miles away tells me they must order my car and it will take 6-8 weeks. [/quote] I think this is true to a certain extent. As in, the dealer can't really requisition more vehicles. That's why when you order the car, you have to put down $500 either in the form of a check or credit card to prove to Subaru that it's a legit order. But then this is also the reason why you can cancel your order and get your $500 deposit back, because if you decide you don't want the car, that's one more car for the dealer's inventory to sell, so they're actually "thankful" that you cancelled. I went to three different dealers, all of whom could not find the car I wanted. So in the end it came down to which dealer I liked better to order from. In my case that turned out to be Subaru Santa Cruz, which although like a 90 mile drive from me, gave the best price, AND 3 yr/36,000 mi free maintenance, and 10% off parts/service forever.

[quote name='chinchy'] I went to three different dealers, all of whom could not find the car I wanted. So in the end it came down to which dealer I liked better to order from. In my case that turned out to be Subaru Santa Cruz, which although like a 90 mile drive from me, gave the best price, AND 3 yr/36,000 mi free maintenance, and 10% off parts/service forever.[/quote] Curious, what price (over invoice) did you get from Sandy?

[quote name='MtnSub']Earlier post said SOA factory was shutting down for updates/maint and would be back online in a few weeks. Is factory working again building GTs? I am waiting for production line to settle in before ordering. Hoping they get bugs worked out. Hope to order in late September or early Oct.[/quote] I posted this in another forum, but will post here to give a little insight on SIA Legacy Turbo production. The plant was shut down 6/28 and 7/5 weeks, but the Turbo was in production WAY before then....here's my complete post in the other GT question forum: Well, working in the marketing/sales department of an SIA supplier, I can give you a little insight here Originally, Subaru told us to figure 400 Turbos per month (both Outback XT and Leagcy GT sedans!). After initial startup of the base models in March and April, they changed their build mix of the Turbo models, and really put us in a bind. For the months of May and June, they were building about 1,200 -1,500 Turbo's PER WEEK -- Basically, about 2/3 of their production! So believe me, the turbos are out there! We supply the complete Power Steering pressure and return hoses for all Legacy and Baja models. Here are the production numbers since startup of the 21Z ('05 platform) models (includes Outback and Legacys): July - 4,063 through 7/24 June - 8.331 May - 8,415 April - 7,815 March - 3,596 (ramp up) February 28 week was the last week that the 2004 63P model Legacy was manufactured. Normally, they build about 340-400 per day. I made a trip to SIA (Subaru-Indiana Automotive) in LaFayette, IN in June, and simply fell in love with the Silver GT Limited and the Pearl Red Outback that they had in their lobby. I came back to Lexington, KY to Oldham's Subaru (potential buyers should check their stock - they have the best selection of GTs and XT Outbacks in the Cincinnati/Louisville, and Lexington area) and fell in love with the Garnet Red Pearl GT Limited sedan w/sport shift. It was very fresh, built early June, so I bought it -- actually traded in my SAAB 9-5 SE for it Let me tell you, Subaru, at last, has at last made a world class Sports Sedan! Hope this clears up a little. If anyone wants to know the EXACT turbo production numbers, I can look it up and post here, by month Rob Catron Frankfort, KY

[quote name='Legacy_Fan'][quote name='chinchy'] I went to three different dealers, all of whom could not find the car I wanted. So in the end it came down to which dealer I liked better to order from. In my case that turned out to be Subaru Santa Cruz, which although like a 90 mile drive from me, gave the best price, AND 3 yr/36,000 mi free maintenance, and 10% off parts/service forever.[/quote] Curious, what price (over invoice) did you get from Sandy?[/quote] I'm getting a GT sedan, 5MT, non-limited. Options are upgraded security, and short throw shifter. Price I was quoted was $25,000 before tax and license. Not sure how much over invoice that is.. According to Edmunds.com invoice price for that is around 24,770, so I guess I'm getting about $300 over invoice.

Archived