LegacyGT.com

New owner hearing a lot of noises. Kind of worried.

I just got my car on Saturday and Ive put about 150 miles on it now. I figured out the starter grind on start up. It also seems like the 10-15 mph decelerating while in gear (1st or 2nd) and clutch engaged is normal. Possibly something to do with the design of the gears in the trans? I'm still going to have fluids changed in the 2 diffs and trans. But now I'm hearing my brake have a light grinding noise. Pads are new, or so I was told. Steering wheel doesn't wobble, and there's no pull. I'm thinking maybe the rotors are bad and pads were just on as a quick fix for the sale. Or are the brakes always noisy? Thinking about just getting slotted rotors and new pads anyway.

Am I just paranoid or are these not that common. I did look them up and I saw the decel noise is common along with starter noise. Typically brakes shouldn't be heard though.

EDIT: 08 spec b 105k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The starter is easy to replace.

The 6mt should be quiet, the 5mt's are noisy. Use Motul 300 gear oil in the tranny and diff.

Pull a wheel and check the brake pads.

At that mileage the timing belt is do to be replaced.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived