LegacyGT.com

FEAL prototype....

I know this should probably go on the suspension thread, but I'm too excited!

So I was over at TurninConcepts this week to do my clutch damper valve delete (major difference btw), when I happened to notice a little something on my buddy Kent's desk.....

It was a black perch mounted strut with... Wait for it......a threaded body.

It also had an damper adjustment rod, and on the side, the familiar logo of our good friends at FEAL suspension.

So I ask Kent what "That" was about, and he explained to me that it was a prototype that Odi was about to release. They were about install them on a co-workers STI for feedback. Here's what I know so far:

The struts are perch mount

They have adjustable damping

They have height adjustability, but only about .5" or possibly up to 1", via a threaded shock body, with a lock ring.

Supposedly, these are going to be sold exactly like he sells his coilovers, as in they're custom valved per vehicle specs, and are either packaged with springs or you can use your own. All at a flat price.... Supposedly..

Either way...... They're dope!

So obviously the next step is getting this community, to flood his line to make sure he includes the LGT in his lineup.

Discuss....

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Speaking of Feal has anyone ran the 441 coilovers? Saw a 5th gener sell a set a while back. Only other thing I found was some responses from a couple years ago that were calling it junk. Thinking of them vs FA 500s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone that I've spoken to says they're pretty legit! Granted they use some of the same hardware as the Chinese suppliers, but they do their own custom valving per vehicle, corrosion protection and have amazing history and knowledge. My shop here in Cincy TurninConcepts swears by them.

I've considered them my self, but I'm too obsessed with the Tarmac Zero, and or koni inserts, either way....I'm deciding today.

• 1 month later...
speaking of feal or inserts, why not both?

2008+ WRX Suspension Package!

since we know that koni wrx inserts work in our struts has anyone tried feal's wrx monotube inserts in our struts? the 40mm pistons seem like they would hold up better on gravel than the 36mm pistons in most shelf bilstein struts.

Hmm seems I need to do some research for when I need to rebuild my konis. Tho it seems the feal inserts are geared towards rallyx

Archived