LegacyGT.com

P0170 and fueling issues

Hey guys,

Preface: VF52 05 Legacy GT wagon with dw65c (installed 4 months ago with no issues like this before), stock injectors, tgv deletes, intake, dp, & up. Finally got to putting on a gs tmic, & ebcs and had Tuning Alliance send me an e-tune compensating for the new parts. Took a couple logs and noticed it was running kind of lean at WOT. Come to find out it was a hose from the FPR to the intake manifold that popped off. Ziptied that back onto the nipple (snugly :)) and called it good. Drove down to meet with Mike from TA for a street tune and we straightened things out, he helped smooth out the tune and raise the boost and everything seemed fine.

So then I recently have been getting the P0170 fuel trim system too lean (bank 1) code. It's popped up a couple times, I've reset the ecu, and the code comes back in a couple hundred miles or so. Something doesn't seem right though. Any ideas on this? I just replaced both upstream and downstream o2 sensors in the past 15k miles. Spark plugs replaced 25k miles ago. Cleaned MAF sensor 5k miles ago. Mike suggested either a bov line leak or map sensor.

Another fueling issue which might be related... seems as whenever I am cruising in any gear then come to a stop and put it in neutral then come to a stop... it doesn't like it. Right after I take it out of gear my AFR goes to 19 ish for 3 or 4 seconds, rpms drop to 500 ish, and sounds like it has trouble idling. After that it, I guess, learns to idle again and everything is fine.

^^^

I've actually been having this issue off and on for the past 8 months or so, but now it is happening everytime I come to a stop and I'm not sure what to check. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Archived