LegacyGT.com

Motorsports post count

j.reed

I find it a little shafty that people discussing driving technique/race results for their Legacy's in the Motorsports forum don't get their posts counted.

Shouldn't it be moved up into the same category with Legacy pictures, etc at least?

I dunno why "Nice pics man" should count, but my time slip posts and discussions shouldn't.

Sorry for being harsh!

the problem is the post count feature was removed from the parent set 'Off-Topic' since some members were posting 10-20 new threads/day in General Chat to up their post count. That doesn't even include the 25-35 posts per day from some members in those forums...some were substantive, most were postwhoring to up the count.

the problem is the post count feature was removed from the parent set 'Off-Topic' since some members were posting 10-20 new threads/day in General Chat to up their post count. That doesn't even include the 25-35 posts per day from some members in those forums...some were substantive, most were postwhoring to up the count.

I understand the reasoning for not having some places count towards your post count, its just that my numerous posts in motorsports about my drags are substantive and get not counted alongside people's pointless "lol" replies to the jokes forum.

I say motorsports gets moved or someone bites the bullet and decides to count all the "OT" forums.. still don't know why racing my legacy is off topic tho...

And "what is the point" about post count, some of the hyper-regulars (jedimaster for example) called me a noob once because I only had like 150 posts that were counted, yet I've been a member since only 3 days after he joined.

If the 'official' response to my question is "Why do post counts matter?" why not just remove them entirely?

the problem is the post count feature was removed from the parent set 'Off-Topic' since some members like jedimaster were posting 10-20 new threads/day (or even hour!) in General Chat to up their post count. That doesn't even include the 25-35 posts per day from some members in those forums...some were substantive, most were postwhoring to up the count.

:lol:

This Space For Rent

If the 'official' response to my question is "Why do post counts matter?" why not just remove them entirely?

a response from a mod is hardly 'official' - we are stewards of the board, not the owners nor decision makers. Try to PM 'Tide' with your concerns....he owns the board and is the one who makes decisions such as this.

He frequents this section, but may miss it as he is busy lately...thus a PM. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I personally agree that posts about track experiences, or driving schools, should count towards post count. They are relevant discussion about the Subaru Legacy.

I'm not sure why discussing F1 or WRC is in the same forum as personal track experiences. I can understand why discussing spectator sports is considered "off-topic". But if someone posts about an experience at a track event, which might include a discussion of how certain mods affected handling, or how the LGT fared compared to other cars in terms of lap times, that seems very "on-topic" to me.

well if you want to report how your new shocks worked at the track, that would go under suspension.

If you want to talk about the great time you had at the track in general, that goes under motorsports.

Okay, but I think a general post about taking one's car to a driving school, or to a dragstrip, for guys that are into that, is "on-topic" if they are discussing different aspects of the Legacy GT. Maybe in a single post you might mention suspension mods, brake fade, what top speed you were able to reach on the straight, what you found to be the quickest way to take turn 7, where you thought you gained or lost time relative to the SRT-4 you were following, how you accidentally spun by exceeding the limits of the RE92's, etc. You might also post pics, showing how much the LGT leaned or dived at certain points on the track.

I'm not saying you're wrong, weiner, and I'm not trying to be argumentative; I just think posts like the one I just described are in a different category than posts discussing the last Formula 1 race. Also, I'm not arguing this for my own benefit, since I don't expect to be taking my LGT to the track any time soon. I'm much more likely to post about the latest F1 race, which I agree is "off-topic".

Archived