LegacyGT.com

Anyone flash AP Stage 1 after you.....

Skillz

i think ppl on here were saying that after an AP flash the issue was fixed. i am not 100% sure tho, neither do i have an AP yet.

I read that too but I also read the studder eventually comes back. I have not seen anything about flashing after the fix.

I'm not experiencing any stutter on Stage 1... I used to get it stock, and then a little at the beginning of my flash to 1.10 (it went away), I'm now on 1.15 and there hasn't been any stutter

I flashed after the Fix. That was the only thing that cured the stutter. AP Stage 1 93 octane. Flashed the AP about 1500 miles after the SOA stutter fix reflash.

My newest stutter theory ... it has something to do with the learning process. It seems that everyone has said that the stutter seems to get worse again the longer after the reflash. Interestingly, if you run realtime maps on the AP, your ECU doesn't use the learning feature of the ECU (supposedly). Well, I was running 91 Octane base map and 93 Octane realtime because I had insider information that the only local source for 93 Octane would be discontinuing the product within the month after I got the AP. In the whole time I ran the 93 Octane real time map, absolutely no stutter (about 1200 miles or so). Then when I reverted to the 91 Octane base map, slight amounts of stutter have started to evidence themselves (still not nearly as bad as stock OR post "fix" flash from SOA).

I remember in my '02 RS, one of the TSB's that fixed a very odd niggling problem with a CEL was basically just a dumbing down of the ECU. Basically, the master tech said that sometimes Subaru over engineers the ECUs of their cars to the point that it tries to do too much.

Guest *Jedimaster*
AP doesn't fix it- mine stuttered a few days after the first flash to Stage 1. The revision to 1 did it too. Stage 2 1.10 did it a couple weeks after the flash and 1.15 did it immediately.

v1.15 did it immediately here too - for about 100 or so miles - then it disappeared - until about 1K miles after which it reappeared.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Guest *Jedimaster*
Apparently the Subaru reflash does it, but that's not gonna do you any good if you plan to reflash with the AP. COBB hasn't had much to say on it.

Apparently the Subaru reflash does it, but that's not gonna do you any good if you plan to reflash with the AP. COBB hasn't had much to say on it.

I'm sorry I even took it to the dealer now. They told me it was going to take 3 days and now 4 weeks later they are still waiting on paperwork from SOA in order to send it in. That's the only thing keeping me from ordering the AP. I'm thinking about telling them to forget about it.

Apparently the Subaru reflash does it, QUOTE]

No, the SOA reflash does not eliminate the stutter...it changes it....makes it milder...makes it occur at other times (different gears, rpms) than when stock (at least, that was my experience). It is better than stock...but it will still bother you because you KNOW IT IS THERE :(

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Do you have an AP? If so, cancel that appointment- you're just wasting a flash.

No AP yet. I was planning on getting one as soon as the fix was done. You make a good point.... I just might cancel the fix now since it will just come back.

Archived