LegacyGT.com

Fair market price for 2005 Legacy GT LTD

Hello,

Just a general question (sorry if his is the wrong forum to ask about market prices and such...).

125K miles, 1 owner, no accidents reported... What would be a fair market price assuming that all moving parts are working at regular condition?

thanks!

Yeah... I knew I was forgetting a few things.

2005 Legacy 2.5GT LTD

Sedan, 5-speed Manual, Blue exterior, tan interior. two scuffs in the front, no dents. clean interior.

Any other things worth mentioning? More than willing to do so.

Just need a location. If the car is an east coaster with some rust but passes a compression and leak down test with proof the timing gear has been changed (105k maintenance item) then $5-6.5k would be fair. Nice west coast car with no rust $6-8k tops.

Thanks.

The reason I ask is because I am in the market for one of these fine vehicles. I'm the proud owner of a 2013 automatic 2.5i legacy, and while not had turning it had been ultra reliable. So much in fact that my wife is the primary driver.

Thys this legacy gt would be my commute vehicle. Anything i should be aware about these generations that i should look or not look for?

Anything is appreciated, bit of a noob on gts here.

Lots to be on the look out for. Reliability is not a fourth gen turbo legacy strong suit. The list of things to look out for is huge. Mainly bad turbos due to a filter screen in the oil feed line, catalytic converters in the Uppipe that can detach and grenade a turbo, wheel bearings are awful, and several other things. If you are serious about an 05 LGT (I would say the 07-09 cars are less prone to failure) make sure you get a pre purchase inspection at a well known independent Subaru shop. A blown motor will be 5k minimum to replace.

The 4 gen LGT can a cheap AWD turbo platform with plenty of mods out there to keep you busy or it could be a cheap entry fee to the most financially irresponsible thing you could have ever done to yourself. Looks fine, smells fine, drives fine and tastes fine can me the most deceiving thing about these cars. Many of us have had our cars since new or gently used and grew enough attachment to pay for the car a few more times after we already had the title in hand.

• 3 weeks later...
The 4 gen LGT can a cheap AWD turbo platform with plenty of mods out there to keep you busy or it could be a cheap entry fee to the most financially irresponsible thing you could have ever done to yourself. Looks fine, smells fine, drives fine and tastes fine can me the most deceiving thing about these cars. Many of us have had our cars since new or gently used and grew enough attachment to pay for the car a few more times after we already had the title in hand.

I actually went and did this irresponsible act last week. looked, drove and smelled fine alright. i surmised it had been driven by a lady all its life (all 149k miles). it had no record of the tbelt and since the price was right i had it done right away. it looked like the belt had already been done as the one that came out was not OEM, so maybe a good sign. i have also pulled the banjo bolt on the turbo feed and found the screen clean - took it out. the avcs one on top didn't have a screen - i didn't bother with the lower one. it's a triple black limited and it's a looker ;-). now i don't plan to hold on to it for long - just needed to shuffle family cars between repairs and have fun in the process. i doubt i will put 5k miles a year on it. i hope it holds up long enough...

I actually went and did this irresponsible act last week. looked, drove and smelled fine alright. i surmised it had been driven by a lady all its life (all 149k miles). it had no record of the tbelt and since the price was right i had it done right away. it looked like the belt had already been done as the one that came out was not OEM, so maybe a good sign. i have also pulled the banjo bolt on the turbo feed and found the screen clean - took it out. the avcs one on top didn't have a screen - i didn't bother with the lower one. it's a triple black limited and it's a looker ;-). now i don't plan to hold on to it for long - just needed to shuffle family cars between repairs and have fun in the process. i doubt i will put 5k miles a year on it. i hope it holds up long enough...

Congrats, still keep up on maintenance (as is sounds like you are) and check the oil. 5k is about as far as I got with a new(ish) turbo put on before the storm came. 150K and 10 years, I'm still gonna say cheaper to swap turbos than wait for signs of needing to be swapped.

Well after upgrading to a VF52 and doing some upgrades and yes changing out the passengerside wheel bearing. My 05 has 67,000 miles on it and is finally running like a champ.

lol I just did my fronts... seems to be a common issue but they are easy to change unlike the old pressed in ones so im cool with doing the work..:lol:

Hilarious I just did the same thing, I got a 2005 gt with about 141k on the body and they swaped the engine last year and changed the turbo and I got it for 3800. My 2013 is going to my girl friend now.

Thanks.

The reason I ask is because I am in the market for one of these fine vehicles. I'm the proud owner of a 2013 automatic 2.5i legacy, and while not had turning it had been ultra reliable. So much in fact that my wife is the primary driver.

Thys this legacy gt would be my commute vehicle. Anything i should be aware about these generations that i should look or not look for?

Anything is appreciated, bit of a noob on gts here.

Archived