97 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite color?

• Atlantic blue pearl
    • Brilliant silver metallic
    • Garnet red pearl
    • Obsidian black pearl
    • Regal blue pearl
    • Satin white pearl

[quote name='Decay']I am about to purchase a satin white GT Ltd sedan auto. At the dealership, i was told that all colors on the legacy have two coats of paint. except the Black and White. The white allegedly has three coats and the black only one. can anyone confirm this? at any rate, I can't wait to get my car in the white! Atlantic blue is very hard to find in the sedan here in vancouver canada.[/quote] Boy, I dunno--sounds like dealership BS to try to get you to get a white Legacy (which by the poll seems to be the least wanted color)--why would they do different numbers of coats on different colors? I'd like to see SOA's response to this...

I have to say, Garnet Red Pearl is my Favorite. Very sporty. Also, in the bright sunlight, very "sparkly" and bright, while more of a maroon look in the shade. Of course, I have owned my GT Limited Sedan for about 4 weeks now :) Rob Catron Frankfort, KY

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered an '05 Legacy Sedan GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl, Charcoal interior. Absolutely beautiful color that changes with the light. I also like that it is the only color that is exclusive to the Legacy and not available on the Outback.

[quote name='scubie02']I haven't seen the red in person, but it looks good in pics people have posted.[/quote] Normally, I hate red. However, on the Legacy GT Sedan, Garnet Red Pearl is VERY nice. I'm tempted to get it except that it shows dirt and has one other issue... Can we spell COP MAGNET?!? Love the color; would hate all the tickets. So, I'm going for second best - Silver. Regards, Dan.

Thought you might be interested in this: Hyundai commissioned colour and image consultant Chris Rewell to explain the rationale behind any particular colour choice. It makes interesting reading. Black is elegant and dramatic, protective. People who choose black are independent and strong-willed and have the strength of their own convictions. Beige and Golden Beige indicates the person is reliable, quietly versatile, down to earth and depend- able. Comfort and security are important to them. White indicates uncluttered, neutral, pure. It can be seen as the "workers" colour because many service vehicles are white. It is also seen as safe and has a high resale value because of the safety and neutral nature. Yellow is all about stimulation and energy, confidence, fun and imagination. It's highly visible so it's safe but it has novelty value. Yellow demands attention and adds a little sunshine. Purple people are spiritual and creative, intuitive and introspective. Purple is the colour of royalty and indulgence. The lighter purples - lilac, mauve and violet indicate intuitive and creative with a little less experience. Orange indicates accessible and informal, a sense of community or a sense of belonging – and taking risks with others. Red is dynamic and passionate and is the colour of desire and physical activity. Red people are courageous and ambitious, goal oriented and often impulsive. Grey is a neutral colour which in its mid-range has little effect on people whereas other greys will provoke a positive or negative response. If it's a silver grey or a darker charcoal it will seem more dignified and exclusive Grey people are unobtrusive, dignified and co-operative. Blue says lots about stability, trustworthiness, harmony and calm.Deep blue equals intellectualism, wisdom and quiet confidence while an ice blue indicates mysterious and analytical but still sincere. Green is about stability and the deeper the shade, the more the owner values stability and likes to present that image. It is also the colour of health and harmony, of someone who enjoys peace and security. An acid green is flirty and alert, rejuvenating and youthful. Silver and Gold. Silver says honourable, trust- worthy with strong self esteem and self respect. It's a touch of luxury. Gold is a little more flashy but speaks of someone with high ideals who has made it and who enjoys material security. Original article at [url]http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,9949997%255E21822,00.html[/url] Regards John

• 2 weeks later...
I had a Cactus Green Audi. It was ALWAYS dirty looking. Nice color when it was freshly clean, but this only lasted for a day or two. This is why I opted for the Pearl White. Easier to keep clean looking as I'm not too anal about car washing. While I like all the Leg colors, I'm wondering why they chose the Silver for the brochure. IMO it is the least striking of all the colors, especially when sitting side-by-side. This is how I chose the white, it was sitting right next to the silver and it just looked classier. Flame on Silver owners. :)

[quote name='brad21']I had a Cactus Green Audi. It was ALWAYS dirty looking. Nice color when it was freshly clean, but this only lasted for a day or two. This is why I opted for the Pearl White. Easier to keep clean looking as I'm not too anal about car washing. While I like all the Leg colors, I'm wondering why they chose the Silver for the brochure. IMO it is the least striking of all the colors, especially when sitting side-by-side. This is how I chose the white, it was sitting right next to the silver and it just looked classier. Flame on Silver owners. :)[/quote] Gee....I wonder why they picked silver.................Hmmmmm Because it's the best looking color! Why do you think there's no white cars in the brochure? :cry: Even in the commercial it's a silver GT.

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='brad21']I should say PEARL instead of white. My T&C minivan is white... no comparo. The silver is bland. Period.[/quote] Bland? I guess marketing people used a bland color for their commercial. White is bland IMO. White got what? 12 votes? :lol:[/quote] No, you know what it is? Silver is the least likely for someone to have an opinion of. They'll just look at the car and have absolutely nothing to say about the color. Marketing genius. :twisted: Park yours next to a PEARL one. No contest.

[quote name='brad21'][quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='brad21']I should say PEARL instead of white. My T&C minivan is white... no comparo. The silver is bland. Period.[/quote] Bland? I guess marketing people used a bland color for their commercial. White is bland IMO. White got what? 12 votes? :lol:[/quote] No, you know what it is? Silver is the least likely for someone to have an opinion of. They'll just look at the car and have absolutely nothing to say about the color. Marketing genius. :twisted: Park yours next to a PEARL one. No contest.[/quote] That's why they have different colors to satisfy different people. That's your opinion, and you know what they say about those.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brady_bunch']Since black had the most votes first, I declare black the winner! :)[/quote] But it isn't the winnAr. It's tied with Silver (the blandest one of them all!). :P[/quote] That's why black is the winner! :)

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brady_bunch']Since black had the most votes first, I declare black the winner! :)[/quote] But it isn't the winnAr. It's tied with Silver (the blandest one of them all!). :P[/quote] [img]http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/graemlins/snore.gif[/img]

[quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brady_bunch']Since black had the most votes first, I declare black the winner! :)[/quote] But it isn't the winnAr. It's tied with Silver (the blandest one of them all!). :P[/quote] That's why black is the winner! :)[/quote] :P

Archived